SearchSearch 

A Sound Investment

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Just got myself Devyn Silverstein's latest release, a new soundset for the L-1011s and some 747s. Installed and tested... WOW!!! Nice one.

I was a bit suspicious when I saw the relatively small file size - but that man is a magician 😳
I can't even begin to describe everything I'm hearing, this soundset is like a symphony and I'm a mere mortal. I'm only gonna say two things:

*1 I will keep this one for a looong time

*2 YOU ARE MISSING OUT!!!

And off I go to listen some more ❤️

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=rb211_classic.zip&Author=&CatID=root

6 Responses

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

I don't have the sim, but I still downloaded and heard them... 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

crosscheck9 wrote:

How can you live without the sim? I admire your survival skills 😀

Yea, he includes samples of interior and exterior sounds in the download. If you liked what you heard so far, wait till you're thundering down the RWY. You can hear the landing gear clanking and up in the air when adding or reducing thrust you hear those unexpected undertones -- growling like an angry animal Fear

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

[quote="Tailhook"]

crosscheck9 wrote:

How can you live without the sim? I admire your survival skills 😀
[quote]

Its been quite a while, and I've gone coocoo without the sim, but in a few days, I'll be back in the pilot's seat 😀 .. Those sounds really are something spectacular! 😂 .. I probably won't just use them with the B747...They're too good to pass up with the other big jets Surprised

Thanks for such a great reference Tailhook. Can't wait to hear it at its best! 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

I'm always interested in decent sound sets and will download it according to your approval. However, I'm reluctant to use it in my 744's (unrealistic) and don't currently have an L-1011. I know there are a lot around at Avsim / Flightsim but is there a specific detailed model that you could recommend?

Thanks 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

That's a bit of a problem atm. I've only got the Rey Lopez model installed which is not very detailed. I use it mainly for AI traffic and screenshots. There's another one I had previously installed somewhere in my archives. I'm pretty sure I got it from Vista Liners at the time but they've taken it off the site. That one had better flight dynamics but still uses third party panels so it's not a well integrated package as such.

Sorry Jon, there hasn't been much around lately, I've always wanted to get my hands on a hot one. Actually, if you want to check out the Vista Liners' 1011, head over to Eastern Virtual -- I'm pretty sure they use the same one.
You have to accept the EULA before you can get into the Fleet Hangar.

On the other hand... Whistle If you want to try the soundset I'm raving on about, why don't you get a POSKY 742, they're pretty good - nice, heavy handling 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

That's a bit of a problem atm. I've only got the Rey Lopez model installed which is not very detailed. I use it mainly for AI traffic and screenshots. There's another one I had previously installed somewhere in my archives. I'm pretty sure I got it from Vista Liners at the time but they've taken it off the site. That one had better flight dynamics but still uses third party panels so it's not a well integrated package as such.

Sorry Jon, there hasn't been much around lately, I've always wanted to get my hands on a hot one. Actually, if you want to check out the Vista Liners' 1011, head over to Eastern Virtual -- I'm pretty sure they use the same one.
You have to accept the EULA before you can get into the Fleet Hangar.

On the other hand... Whistle If you want to try the soundset I'm raving on about, why don't you get a POSKY 742, they're pretty good - nice, heavy handling 😀

Ok thank you. I have a 742 (Air Force One) so I'll use it with that for now 😉