robertjhenry Guest

i am thinking of geting this as a new computer
http://www.pcnextday.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?ProductCode=3365-7502

what do you think?

Answers 11 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
cheechm First Officer

Depending what you wish to use it for. I am assuming it is for FSX. The components are good if you are planning to run FSX on Windows XP, but if you want to play FSX on Vista, you may need to get more RAM (i.e 1GB) and you will have to change the video card unless there is a patch to upgrade it. The reason you will have to change the video card for Vista is because the one that you will get is only compatible with DirectX 9 and Shader 3. Windows Vista video cards will need to be DirectX10 and Shader 4.

Nick 😀

robertjhenry Guest

will i be able to run fsx with near full setings

Pro Member First Officer
cheechm First Officer

Yes you will. For FSX with XP that is a swift computer and is fully capable of almost full sliders.

Nick 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Here are the specs

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Dual Core CPU <<Good
2 x 320GB SATA WD Caviar SE16 (640GB total) <<Good again. You can't have to much storage space
2GB DDR400 DIMM PC3200 Memory <<You may need to get yourself atleast another Gig of RAM. As Vista is rumored to take at least a Gig
512MB PCI-E NVidia Inno3D GeForce 7900GTX Graphics Card<<Good card at the moment. When DirctX10 comes you may need to change it
ECS KN1 Extreme SLI Motherboard<<Good
Creative Labs SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Music PCI Soundcard<<Creative such a good company
16x DVDRW Dual Format Double Layer Drive<<good
16x DVD-ROM Drive<<FSX comes on a DVD so that's good
52 in 1 Flash Card Drive
54Mbps Wireless LAN PCI Network Adapter
Digital & Analogue TV & Radio Freeview Tuner PCI card
Coolermaster Cavalier 3 Black ATX Case
20" AOC LM-2028 LCD Monitor
Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop 3.0 Keyboard and Mouse
Media Centre Remote Control
Speed i640 PRO Webcam
Microsoft Windows XP Media Centre Edition 2005
5.1 Philips MMS460 Speaker System

You will be able to run this card on Vista YOU won't be able to have all the bells and whistles switched on.

robertjhenry Guest

can anyone recomend a better computer for around about the same price

Pro Member First Officer
cheechm First Officer

Why would you want a better computer?

Nick 😀

(P.S they don't come much better at that price)

robertjhenry Guest

should i just wait till the price of intel core 2 duo pc's come down in price?

Pro Member First Officer
cheechm First Officer

Well the prices are pretty considerate, but I think you should go for the computer you were thinking about because it is a good buy. Like liono said everything will be good for Vista although you may want to get more RAM and the GPU will be compatible, but you won't get nearly as good quality as a new GPU which is made for Vista!

Nick 😀

robertjhenry Guest

[quote="cheechm"]Well the prices are pretty considerate, but I think you should go for the computer you were thinking about because it is a good buy. Like liono said everything will be good for Vista although you may want to get more RAM and the GPU will be compatible, but you won't get nearly as good quality as a new GPU which is made for Vista!

so you are saying that i should get a pc with intel 2 core duo

Pro Member First Officer
cheechm First Officer

I personally think that you should go for this one Pc Next Day

PC Nextday wrote:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Dual Core CPU

The processor you will get is dual core too.

Nick

😀 [/quote]

robertjhenry Guest

thank you all 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...