How to start flight with cold and dark cockpit?

Xpilot Guest

How to start flight with cold and dark cockpit? (From "Create flight").
And how can I use Sid's/Star's in IFR flight if controllers give vectors all the time? 😕

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest

The way I did it: Select a airplane. Put it where you want it on the ramp, shutdown all the engines and systems, save the flight. WHAMMO!!! now, everytime you start the sim, the aircraft will be,, cold and dark.

Pro Member First Officer
Kurt Stevens (KurtPStevens) First Officer

The above guest was correct, just be sure to save it as your default flight.

Xpilot Guest

Ok,thanks. 🙂 Now something about second question? 😀

Pro Member First Officer
Arkydave First Officer

Xpilot wrote:

And how can I use Sid's/Star's in IFR flight if controllers give vectors all the time? 😕

Three possibilities. 1) Fly without ATC. Do all your own navigating. 2) Fly online with VATSIM or IVAO. If there are controllers on, they will honor SIDs/STARs. 3) In the flight planner, when you create a flight, you can add VORs and Intersections. This can work pretty well for the SIDs, but the ATC will usually vector you away from any STAR that you've worked so hard on. Come to think of it, a fourth possibility is to use FSNavigator. This is really just the best way to do any of the other three choices. You can download libraries of SIDs and STARs for it. Super addon. Free trial. Check it out.

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Yes, the above gentlemen were right about saving the flight, but that's very inconvinient. Go to the AVSIM file library and look up cold cockpit. You should be able to find a patch that will automatically make every flight you create start with a cold/dark cockpit!

Elkin Guest

Hey! Thanks for that info. I am the one that advised saving the flight after shutting down.
I like the idea of that patch!!!

Keep in mind that in the real world, you rarely fly the entire STAR, but get vectors.

As far as the SID, that's a complaint that most people have. You can flie it in your flight plan, but you'll still get vectors. Oh well, maybe a fix for the next version.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...