SearchSearch 

Help Please.......

Pro Member First Officer
Wing-man First Officer

Not exactly hardware, but a PC problem anyway, so here's the deal.
I have recently removed my Windows Vista Beta version from my pc, since removing it, I now have a XP boot problem. When I try to boot the pc, I get an option of booting either Vista ( no longer on my pc ) or an earlier version of Windows, I also get the ( winload.exe ) error message.
I've searched and read on some pc forums that this is a commom fault/error with the Vista Beta installation/removal, and that a fix is'nt available yet.

So here's my problem, I know I can run the (recovery tool) within (system recovey options) on my original Windows XP disc, to try and fix the boot problem, but I'm having some trouble getting it to run.

I've changed my settings for my system to boot from cd, my XP disc runs and gives me all the options, I can even press 'R' for the recovery options, and even let's me choose 1. C/Windows as my option to run the recovery tool. But, when it asks for the Administrators password, it tells me it's the wrong one (I know it's not) and after 3 tries then that's it.

I've even gone and deleted/removed my administrators password, and run the system recovery options again, but still it asks for the administrators password Wall Bashing . I really DONT want to have to reinstall XP again, thats the easy bit, FS9 reinstall is'nt that bad, but the both together and all my add-ons 😳 😳 😳 this is why I need to find a solution, anyone know of a solution to resolve the administrators password issue ??? or of any good pc forums where I could possibly find some answers ???.

Thanks in advance guy's. 👍

4 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Try and open up the case and remove the CMOS battery. There should be a jumper next to it. Move the jumper across so that it's on pin 2 & 3 leave for 5-10 secs and put the jumper back to pin 1 & 2. Insert the CMOS and re-boot.

This will revert the BIOS back to it's orignal state and any passwords you have set should be wiped clean.

Let us know how it's going.

Pro Member First Officer
Wing-man First Officer

Liono wrote:

Try and open up the case and remove the CMOS battery. There should be a jumper next to it. Move the jumper across so that it's on pin 2 & 3 leave for 5-10 secs and put the jumper back to pin 1 & 2. Insert the CMOS and re-boot.

This will revert the BIOS back to it's orignal state and any passwords you have set should be wiped clean.

Let us know how it's going.

Cheers Liono, I already tried that first time round, dont know what happened though. It wiped the password for the BIOS entry, but thats about it, it still asked me for the administrator password for me to access the (system recovery options). Anyway, got abit stressed over the whole thing, and have reinstalled XP, I'm just on the forums now taking a break from reinstalling everything else, thanks for your reply, atleast a fresh install of everything will clean out the system.

Pro Member First Officer
Wing-man First Officer

I'm back up and running now
Fresh install of XP.
Reinstall of FS9.
All my add-ons.
I better open up the hanger and dust these babies down. 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Wing-man wrote:

I'm back up and running now
Fresh install of XP.