Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

new member, needs help

Pro Member Trainee
cagle Trainee

I can only get about a 3rd of the aircraft I download to actually be recognized in the aircraft selection menu. Ive followed all the steps. Some of them show up in the aircraft folder but no in the aircraft selection menu. Also some show up in a folder called aircraft within the aircraft folder. Are these just broken links or what?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

cagle,

When you download an aircraft file from a website, it'll need to be checked to make sure that it has all of the subfolders, present and correct. A downloaded aircraft should contain 3 essential subfolders similar to the following:

Model
AIR file
Aircraft.cfg

If it has these files (and probably some texture, panel and sound folders) then it should be complete. After that the downloaded folder, probably named by the aircraft's name, can be put into the following directory (by default):

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft

Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Sorry I can't help you. Someone will come along soon with more knowledge [sp?] Very Happy

Pro Member Trainee
cagle Trainee

99jolegg wrote:

cagle,

When you download an aircraft file from a website, it'll need to be checked to make sure that it has all of the subfolders, present and correct. A downloaded aircraft should contain 3 essential subfolders similar to the following:

Model
AIR file
Aircraft.cfg

If it has these files (and probably some texture, panel and sound folders) then it should be complete. After that the downloaded folder, probably named by the aircraft's name, can be put into the following directory (by default):

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft

Wink

thanks