British Airports Add-On

Pro Member Trainee
Graham Ballett-Young (GBY) Trainee

Hi everyone, I'm a n00b here as my post count would prove.

I've recently bought Flight Sim and a few add-ons - Concorde (my Grandad was a metallurgist on her, hence getting that add-on), RAF Tornado and Traffic 2005.

I live a couple of miles from EGLF Farnborough so have been starting my flights there, my Mother's cousin flies gliders from Lasham and my brother-in-law is a Para so has been all over airfields in the UK.

I've been toying with getting the British Airports Vol 1&2 add-on as it boasts realistic and accurate airfields.

I'm yet to see any proof of this (of airfields I know) so I was wondering if any of you who have it could do me a massive favour.

What I'm after is screen shots of EGLF Farnborough, Lasham, Odiham AB (I drive there a lot to watch the Chinooks land) and Bruntingthorpe (our car club hosts an event there) to show me what the graphics are like and whether they are actually accurate.

If I like what I'll see, I'll most definately be buying said add-on. It's bugging me a little as Farnborough is nothing like it is in real life.

Thanks all in advance. It's much appreciated 🙂

Graham

Answers 17 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Welcome to the show Graham 🍻

Don't have that scenery - someone will come along and give you the low-down.

Pro Member Trainee

Thanks very much, Tailhook.

I would bite the bullet and buy it anyway but I've spent quite a lot on FS stuff in the last couple of weeks so I'm trying to see if it's really justified.

Loving the avatar by the way, great album

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Welcome to Flyaway, Graham 👍

Until somebody is able to give you some shots of what you'd like to see, you may want to have a look at some reviews of people's conclusions:

Volume 1:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00009ENI1

Volume 2 doesn't have any reviews here but the price (as used) is quite a bit cheaper:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/British-Airports-Eastern-England-Vol-2-PC/dp/B00009ENGV/ref=sr_11_1/026-1086861-9303668?ie=UTF8

😛

Pro Member Trainee

Thanks for the welcome 🙂)

I'd forgotten about Amazon's second hand thing. I might use that actually. I know you can get Vol 1&2 from Play.com for £17.99 delivered. So if it's cheaper than that I'll go for it.

It sounds very very good from the reviews.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Welcome to Fly Away GBY. 👍

BTW...I love the monster in your avatar. Punk

Pro Member Trainee

Thanks, Greekman!

And thank you very much 🙂) It does me well. I just need to get it properly finished...which won't be cheap. Haha.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

GBY wrote:

Loving the avatar by the way, great album

Aah, a connoisseur I see. One of the best 'Rock' albums ever.
Beats Britney Spears don't you think?

Pro Member Trainee

Tailhook wrote:

Aah, a connoisseur I see. One of the best 'Rock' albums ever.
Beats Britney Spears don't you think?

I have never heard an album and liked every single track. There's normally 4 or so that aren't to my taste. But that is an exception and comes pretty close to being perfect.

Actually, that said, I have found one album on which I like every track, that's Dragonforce - Inhuman Rampage.

And as for Britney Spears...I would say I wish someone would beat her over the head with 'Dark Side Of The Moon' but that would spoil a good album. I have it on LP somewhere. Must dig it out and get a new player.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

You've put me on the spot now - my own fault though. Britney Spears, Michael Jackson, Tom Cruise - they all seem to be connected somehow, I just can't manage to keep them apart.

Dragonforce... to my shame I've never even heard of them. Though I have quite a few CDs in my collection of which I like each track. Several of Jethro Tull's, a few of the Moodie Blues' - In Search of the Lost Chord in particular, a couple of the early Zeppelins' to name but a few.

That's not even entering the realm of pure harmony yet such as Crosby, Stills, Nash (and Young), Peter, Paul and Mary - Mamas and Papas etc. - difficult for me to find songs I don't like amongst those.

Am I going OFF TOPIC? Never! 😀

Pro Member Trainee

Nothing wrong with keeping them together, as long as a hand grenade is involved 🙂)

I hadn't heard of Dragonforce until I caught a quick glimpse of a video on Kerrang. I think I would liken it to a modern day Iron Maiden crossed with Yngwie Malmsteen. Proper rock I think. I would recommend checking them out.

I really need to expand my music collection with the oldies like Led Zep, Crosby, Stills & Nash etc, actually, a house near me was sold recently and was well known as being Peter Sellers' house, which Ringo Starr bought and I *think* Neil Young did too.

Off topic? What is this you speak of? Unknown territory to me I'm afraid

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

GBY wrote:

Off topic? What is this you speak of? Unknown territory to me I'm afraid

You needn't be concerned anyway. The term 'Off Topic' is only thrown at members of an elite group to which I seem to belong to remind us that we...
Hell I don't know -- others get away with it all the time 😳

But then I always find consolation in the fact that all men are created equal and that it's impossible that bias of any kind could have taken root in this, the friendliest forum on the net.

Maybe I should get an oversized signature to reflect my oversized ego..? ROFL

With a song in my heart 🍻

Pro Member Trainee

I like to think 'we' bring some freshness to the forums, along with humour and interesting facts 🙂) That's my excuse anyway.

And from my limited experience, this does seem to be a rather friendly place. So well done to you all 🍻

Pro Member Trainee

Sorry to bump this up. Is there no-one able to help?

Pro Member First Officer
violentviolet First Officer

No. 😉

Pro Member Trainee

It would seem that way lol Unsure

Pro Member First Officer
violentviolet First Officer

Someone will come up with something. 🙂

Pro Member Trainee

We live in hope 🙂)

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...