SearchSearch 

I-pods= GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

I have a black I=pod NANO. I have had it since last November and the warranty runs out this november. About now it is starting to play up. It wont turn on so you think "oh, it must need charging up" so i caharge it for hours until full charge and then it plays for like 5 mins then turns off with no battery. What the hell is wrong with it??? I have heard from friends that this happens quite a lot to I-pod batteries when they approach their warrnties end.
has this happened to anyone?
(if it does not fix itself soon i will be going to Argos and shoving it in their face until they give me a new one or fix this one 😉 😉 )

20 Responses

Munkeh Guest

Tbh I can't see argos doing anything because when you buy something with them you agree to their terms, 28 day guarntee.

The best thing you can do is call apple who will take it in for repair. Probably get it back within a week.

Also log a query on http://discussions.info.apple.com/

Munkeh Guest

Oh yeah, and you're friends are right. Apple are notorious for supplying ipods with useless batteries, and worse is you can't god damn change them!

Apple should get their act together really. They over charge you for hardware and kick you when you're down with possibly the easiest solution to a hardware problem (change the battery) and won't let you.

Would also save them money coz they could send you a new battery out, rather than getting an enginneer to look at it and fix it.

But there ya go, may I reccomend creative/iRiver for your next purchase 🙂

Jamie4590 Guest

There was something in the news about this some months ago where buyers complained that the battery failed before the warrenty expired (or just after) and the screen could crack very easily. Apple bowed to pressure and agreed to replace unit batteries (many with an expired warrenty) worldwide costing a pretty penny. Hopefully the revised policy still applies. I would contact them while your warrenty is still effective though. 😉

Munkeh Guest

Jamie4590 wrote:

There was something in the news about this some months ago where buyers complained that the battery failed before the warrenty expired (or just after) and the screen could crack very easily. Apple bowed to pressure and agreed to replace unit batteries (many with an expired warrenty) worldwide costing a pretty penny. Hopefully the revised policy still applies. I would contact them while your warrenty is still effective though. 😉

Yep, that were like the 2gen iPods though I think. Bit hassle over the rubbish batteries, I really don't understand why they don't let you change them yourself. 😕 Crazy.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

This is what happens when people buy products because they seem "cool" or because their friends have them. A little research before buying something can save a whole lot of trouble.

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

I don't uy things because other peiople have it i buy it for me
I like dit cos it looked nice and did what i wanted it to do easily

Pro Member Chief Captain

I thought the idea was to play music, not stare at it.

My MP3 player which I got for under $50 is easy to use. The battery has caused no problems for over a year. It came with its own case. Has a button to change music, change volume or turn it on and off. Can get music from many music sources. It requires no additional software to work with my computer.

What does ipod have?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

What does ipod have?

Games. A thought that would make you turn in your grave no doubt 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain

No doubt. 😂

Pro Member Captain
atreyu Captain

if you have an apple store by you and take it there before your warrenty runs out, they'll replace it with a refurbished one probably

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

I thought the idea was to play music, not stare at it.

My MP3 player which I got for under $50 is easy to use. The battery has caused no problems for over a year. It came with its own case. Has a button to change music, change volume or turn it on and off. Can get music from many music sources. It requires no additional software to work with my computer.

What does ipod have?

That's the same with my MP3 player. It plays music. Mine cost me around £40-£50. Haven't had a problem at all.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

more ammunition for my

"don't buy an iPod campaign" 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain

Add this. Those white earbuds make you a prime target to be ripped off, on the street.

Jamie4590 Guest

What happened to the good old tradition of a family meal, share stories of the day, listen to the news on the wireless then sing jovial hardcore gangster rap around the piano. (with the elders giving boiled sweets for the best anti-police rhymes)

Tomorrow I try again with the Horse.

Munkeh Guest

Jamie4590 wrote:

What happened to the good old tradition of a family meal, share stories of the day, listen to the news on the wireless then sing jovial hardcore gangster rap around the piano. (with the elders giving boiled sweets for the best anti-police rhymes)

Tomorrow I try again with the Horse.

😂

Don't get me started on 50 cent and that lot... 🙄 🙂

Jamie4590 Guest

I think his name is a true reflection of the cost of his tickets. 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain

Jamie4590 wrote:

I think his name is a true reflection of the cost of his tickets. 😀

I think you meant value, not cost. 😂

Jamie4590 Guest

He's been shot about 5 times. If I was shot once I would take steps to make sure I didn't get shot again. When his homies ask him to join in a turf war he should give them a firm "thanks, but no thanks"

Pro Member Chief Captain

He obviously hasn't been shot correctly. 😂

Munkeh Guest

Aim for the head next time 🙂