So called realism in Microsoft FSim.

Pro Member Trainee
Skyfacer Trainee

[size=12][size=18][b]I hear that the new Microsoft Flight Simulator will have moving traffic visible on the highways ect below. Now I am wondering that instead of having that, why not improve the appearance of the roads themselves because at the moment in FS 2004 the roads ect usually look ridiculous and that also goes for the so called rivers and streams as well.[/b][/size][/size]

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

i agree, but i also have an addon that shows traffic and that's great too. but i agree it isn't exactly hard to have well clarified roads and rivers - especially when they are being overlayed anyway.

Jamie4590 Guest

Some of the scenery is better quality than others and as Hinch said there are scenery, traffic and airport add-ons to enhance the appearence. I heard the add-on scenery gives you cows!!!

Remember that MS have mapped the entire globe so with that in mind its not a bad effort. 😀

Pro Member First Officer
to_coolguys First Officer

yeah i agree with you too.Putting a whole globe is not an easy task and I do not think it is reasonable for us to expect every road and every river to be perfect.If you are more of a person who like to visit places for the sake of beauty then an scenery addon is a great thing to have.But if you are more intersted learn aviation skills and master it then I guess the focus shifts to quality of airplane and a runway to land. 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
spitfiresrule First Officer

Realism and FS Blink is virtually non exsistant

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

What is Realism anyway -- the same thing as Truth?

Jamie4590 Guest

As Living Color once said:

Everything is possible but nothing is real

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...