Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

GPS Tuning

Pro Member Trainee
John (hawkump) Trainee

What is the proper procedure for accessing the airport frequency page on the GPS 500 unit? I'm looking for ILS runway frequencies for the NAV 1. Thanks,
John

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Ermm... This needs practice and I may just get it wrong myself Rolling Eyes
so have a look at this while I compose myself Wall Bashing

http://www.fs2004.com/forums/index.php?showtutorial=12

Pro Member First Officer
Netz Rafi (Rafi) First Officer

It is a long story to write it down.
It is much easier to see the answer at learning center ->GPS -> Using the GPS around page 15. This set of “Help” amazed me what can you do with GPS. It is much more than I expected. I just simply printed out all 39 pages

Pro Member Trainee
John (hawkump) Trainee

[quote="tomthetank"]Ermm... This needs practice and I may just get it wrong myself Rolling Eyes
so have a look at this while I compose myself Wall Bashing

TTT,
You're last Emoticon is exactly what I felt like. I thought I was bloody stupid!!! Thanks so much for that great link...I'll let you guys' know how I make out. Tom, if I ever meet you in the pilots' lounge, your 1st, 2nd & 3rd pints are on me, assuming I dialed in the right ILS freq. and land at the right airport Shocked. Thanks for the help boys!
JWC/quote]

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Sad Only 3 pints.Well that will do to start us off Cheers!

Pro Member Trainee
John (hawkump) Trainee

Rafi wrote:

It is a long story to write it down.
It is much easier to see the answer at learning center ->GPS -> Using the GPS around page 15. This set of “Help” amazed me what can you do with GPS. It is much more than I expected. I just simply printed out all 39 pages

Rafi,
I read that file, but I'm going to do the same as you and print it all out and study it in my recliner. Thanks for the help. TTT's link makes it look easier. Cheers!

Pro Member Trainee
John (hawkump) Trainee

Sorry Tom... Embarassed ...forgot that you boys' in Whales really know how to blow the froth off the lager. I'll save up my wages and we better make it a 48hr. "bottle to throttle" deal as I can hang pretty good too!
Smooth Landings,
John

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

AAARRRRGGGHHHH Whales are huge things that swim in the sea Rolling Eyes

Wales is a country within the UK

But you are right with we know how to blow the froth Cheers!

And now a true story

An American decided to write a book about famous churches around the world.

For his first chapter he decided to write about British churches. So he bought a plane ticket and took a trip to London, thinking that he would work his way across the country from South, West, East and North.

On his first day he was inside a church taking photographs when he noticed a golden telephone mounted on the wall with a sign that read £10,000 per call". The writer, being intrigued, asked a priest who was strolling by what the telephone was used for. The priest replied that it was a direct line to heaven and that for £10,000 you could talk to God. The writer thanked the priest and went along his way.

Next stop was in Nottingham. There, at a very large cathedral, he saw the same golden telephone with the same sign under it. He wondered if this was the same kind of telephone he saw in London and he asked a nearby nun what its purpose was. She told him that it was a direct line to heaven and that for £10,000 he could talk to God. O.K. thank you," said the writer.

He then travelled to Liverpool, Belfast, Chester, Essex, Scotland and Birmingham. In every church he saw the same golden telephone with the same "£10,000 per call" sign under it.

The American, upon leaving Birmingham saw a sign for Cardiff and decided to see if Welsh Folk had the same phone.

He arrived in Cardiff and again, there was the same golden telephone, but this time the sign under it read, "10p per call." The writer was surprised so he asked the priest about the sign. "Father, I've travelled all over Great Britain and I've seen this same golden telephone in many churches. I'm told that it is a direct line to Heaven, but in every Country the price was £10,000 per call. Why is it so cheap here?"

The priest smiled and answered, 'You're in Wales now son, it's a local call".

Wink