22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
No and dont want one cos my pc has enough mem
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]

Total Votes : 9

Pro Member Trainee
Mitchell Delaney (minicaptain) Trainee

hi everyone, just wondering, does anyone know if i buy an external hard drive(cos my pc only has 10gb memory so i want to boost it) is it simple enough that really you just plug it in to your pc?

and if so, will it act like an internal hard drive and store flightsim on it and everything?

also, does anyone know where i can find cheap ones?, (over 80gb)

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Yes and its worth it.

I use an 200GB USB-Firewire one and i find it more than useful.
Store program,utilities,pics,music,data etc.
Transfer them to others PC's,use it for installation of programs to other systems without need to carry 50Cd's or 10 DVD's and much more.
I wont suggest though to use it for running programs through it.It is better to replace your 10gb one with the 80 and make your 10 one a storage place.

Keep on mind that every new HD needs format it in order to become functional.Then your system will recognize it and that was.

The price in my country is 56euros(71.2892$).

PS.Memory and Hard Drive Capacity are two different things.

Memory = RAM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAM

Hard Drive-Disk

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_drive

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

I dont use one at the moment as I have no need.My PC set up has two internal h/drives

Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

around so I bought an enclosure for it and I store a bunch of different things on it. It is USB. even though I have a 250GB harddrive on my system there never seems to be enough space.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I've toyed with the idea just to see what the fuss is all about. Circumstances have solved the problem for me.
I need a larger desk before I can even consider buying another peripheral of any kind.

No, I don't fancy the idea of placing a HDD on the floor.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...