Can you start in the air

Jailmouse Guest

Well i was wondering if you could start in the air on this edition of flight sim 2004

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Hello Jailmouse! As I know, you can't start the plane in the air. When you change the Longitude and Latitude you start on the ground, not in the air.

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

The closest I've come to starting in the air is going to the longitude and lattitude of my choice, hitting the y key, and then the f4 key (y again when you reach the proper altitude). That's how i get the sail-plane into the air usually.

Pro Member First Officer
Netz Rafi (Rafi) First Officer

Among other suggestions:
You can start in the air by saving your original flight (take off and fly) at a certain point in the air (other name) and the next time just select your saved flight. Just pay attention to your controllers (throttle, mix, and a long “so on…”.)
I do not know how the ATC staff will respond.
Other way just doing it with slew commands but I would not like to be at that plane as a passenger

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 If you have a favorite approach and landing,or flying long haul and cannt finish hit Alt/flights/save give it a name and discription and save(tick the save as default if you want and then this will be the flight you are presented with every time you start fs9)

I have loads of flights save this way,mostly about 100/75 miles out from landing

Hope it helps

PS ATC responds with a call to every single aircraft in the sector,so if you have add traffic you may have to wait a while to get your answer

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 Check out some d/loads called Doherty's Difficult & Dangerous Approaches (go to Avsim and use the search engine)
They all start in the air
Also for a slightly more realistic approach try here ➡

http://fsadventures.net/adventures.htm

👍

Jailmouse Guest

Thanks you were really helpful sorry for my late reply i have been on holiday down cornwall,i was in that major flood aswell!!!!!!

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

Something what I do( this works good for multiple approaches) I slew the plane up and out 10 miles. When I unslew, the aircraft is at a flying speed and very easy to keep it in the groove. SOMETIMES, I have to go to the map option and set the airspeed back up to approach spped. After landing, regardless of the speed, I sleeeeEEEEEEWWW it back!!!

Works good.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...