SearchSearch 

Instrument Pilot Lesson Problems

Pro Member Trainee
Brook Trainee

Anyone have difficulty with Lesson 1: VOR Approach? FS can't seem to decide who's flying the plane. Says "Rod is flying" ...then starts warning me about falling off heading and altitude. I take over to correct...and then "Rod is flying" again!

Also...they want you to follow along with recommended charts DURING the lesson. Can they be opened up onscreen while in-flight? (I don't have a printer currently).

4 Responses

Pro Member Trainee
Brook Trainee

Nobody's seen this problem Is it known? Any patches?

Pro Member First Officer
violentviolet First Officer

I can't speak for anyone else, but after about 3 lessons, i decided, "The hell with lessons", and just got on with the real "Sim" flying. 🙄 😉

cumpaniciu_one Guest

violentviolet wrote:

I can't speak for anyone else, but after about 3 lessons, i decided, "The hell with lessons", and just got on with the real "Sim" flying. 🙄 😉

Don't listen to this guy, it's very rewarding and enlightening to complete the lessons. If you have any computer programming skills at all, you can find the lessons under C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Lessons\instr (they are the .ABL files) You would be surprised how many things you lears from decyphering the lesson program.

I took a quick look through lesson1.abl and they never activate the autopilot. The "Rod is flying" message is bogus, you need to fly it yourself from start to finish. Just ignore that message.

Hope this helps,
cumpaniciu

Pro Member First Officer
to_coolguys First Officer

hi,

It never ever happened in my case.When it said "Rod is flying" It did go on autopilot...I mean the computer controlled it...I never faced a problem in these lesson.I have done the SPL lessons...