Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Flying

Pro Member Captain
Ryan Finn (pilotguy44) Captain

Well, I have begun my long road towards flying airliners. I started my flying lessons about a week ago and just completed lesson #4 today, in which I practiced an engine failure (my instructor said i did great 😀)

I have been flying the Cessna 152, one of the smallest, most rugged crafts around.. but boy she is quite the work horse and very reliable!

I plan on solo-ing in about 2 more weeks and I will have my private license before Christmas. 🙂

I'm so excited!!!

PS - this be the reason I have not been nearly as active on the forums as I had been. I appologize but I have been simply way too busy with school, work, and flight lessons lately.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The best of luck to you!

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Tartanaviation First Officer

Yes the C-152 is a brilliant little aircraft to learn in. Just one piece i would not when you are doing practice EFATO's etc. When you go to apply the power again to climb away, do not slam it through. Apply it gently, otherwise you mite have quite a bit of unwanted engine trouble....... 😕

Anyway good luck, have fun and all the best with the rest of the flying! Try and post up a few pictures when you do some solo sectors and Nav etc.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Keep it up and good luck 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

Wish I could afford to learn to fly 😞

Trouble is, I have absolutely no interest in flying cessnas etc, I would like to fly an aircraft, not a saloon car with winds Twisted Evil

They have a chipmunk at my local airfield but I am currently saving for a flight in the 2 seater Spitfire I support (long waiting list though so I have a long time to find the funds)

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

Insight wrote:

Wish I could afford to learn to fly 😞

Trouble is, I have absolutely no interest in flying cessnas etc, I would like to fly an aircraft, not a saloon car with winds Twisted Evil

They have a chipmunk at my local airfield but I am currently saving for a flight in the 2 seater Spitfire I support (long waiting list though so I have a long time to find the funds)

i'm sure you could learn to fly in a chippy somewhere, that would be rather awesome.

all three people i know who fly fly different aircraft, the good old 72 skyhawk, a tecnam and lastly a piper archer/warrior/something and they seem to all agree the piper is worth the extra dosh for cool factor despite the fact the tecnam is a really good aircraft!

of course i know nowt so i nod and smile 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

👍