Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

What is the best thing about aviation?

Air WORROR Guest

What is the greatest thing about flying? What gives you the greatest thrill?

For me its flying low and fast!

What would be your favourite thing in all of flying? Also if you were capable of flying anything what would it be?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain
Jamie4590 Guest

I enjoy learning all the controls and checklists so I don't get any critical failures during the flight. Bringing it down for a smooth landing takes a lot of concentration and is very rewarding.

Air WORROR Guest

Iv'e gone for a trail flight. It was the first time i went up in an aircraft. I BLOODY enjoyed it! The pilot gave me complete control. I loved the landing but in a way i didnt. I did because i wanted to try to land the aircraft for the first time and i didnt because i wanted to stay up there for a little while longer.

Learing to fly is very rewarding friend. It also gives you that moment of pride!

My parents didnt like the idea of me flying......Well actuly its was my mar.
She was afrid of me having an accident. I dont blame here for being worried about my safety. If she didnt worrie then what sort of a parent would she be? Anyway i asured that flying is as safe as it can be. Flying is in fact safer than driving. You hear more people dieing in cars than planes. Probably because pilots are well trained to handle any situation.

Anyway flying is defently the best thing to me.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

The people on the ground really do look like ants. 😂

Air WORROR Guest

you've just reminded me of somthing! When i went for my trail flight i came across golfers! I told the pilot that there were golfer down there and he said " they are are they?". Then the pilot dived the plane to a low alttitude and he incressed the aircrafts speed! We flew low and fast over the golfers.

We were at an alttitude of 4000 and when he dived we went straite to an alttitude of 1800! Our speed was 125knots.

Im pritty sure we scared those golfers! I think the pilot was either showing off or he hated golfers. Either way i loved it!

People do look like little tiny bugs from the air.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

The freedom to go where and when you want to go. The simplicity of a tail dragger without computer displays, autopilot or ATC. Back to the basics of aviation. A pilot using his eyes, skills and experience to fly. A pilot being totally responsible for the planning and execution of a flight. Flying from one uncontrolled field to another on your chosen course and altitude, free to detour to see a lake or town of your choosing. 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
Tartanaviation First Officer

Everything in general about flying i would have to say. One thing i can pick out, however, is the scenery. In Scotland there are some fantastic views from the air in C-152 at just 3500ft, snow capped mountains, hanging valleys, lush greenery and the odd large settlement here and there.

[/quote]

Pro Member First Officer
TimH First Officer

CRJCapt wrote:

The freedom to go where and when you want to go. The simplicity of a tail dragger without computer displays, autopilot or ATC. Back to the basics of aviation. A pilot using his eyes, skills and experience to fly. A pilot being totally responsible for the planning and execution of a flight. Flying from one uncontrolled field to another on your chosen course and altitude, free to detour to see a lake or town of your choosing. 🙂

Yeah thats great also!

Pity not very possible in FS, if your using ATC lol

"Piper 324, please expedite your heading to 270"

Air worrior Guest

CRJCapt wrote:

Exelent! when in fs simulator i hardly ever use the auto pilot. I find it more enjoyable when you are flying the aircraft intierly by skill and knolwedge. I think todays great auto technology is making our flying skills obsalete. Being told by a computer on how to fly is insulting to me.

An aircraft is a pile of nuts and bults but when mixed with a well experianced and knowlegdeable pilot it becomes somthing special. Its boring just sitting in the pilots seat while letting the computer fly it for you.

We should keep flying it like our old grandads did! NO! computers NO! automations. Just old fashion skill and knowledge of a great pilot! WE ARE AVIATORS! We were ment to fly! We do not need any help from computers. An aviator is ten times better than some computer! Because a computer lacks one thing! SKILL!

A computer can copy an aviator but a computer can never be an aviator!

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

What I love about flying is...
The freedom of movement. You're free! You can do whatever you want, and see stuff from and angle you've never seen them before!You can travel faster than anything else, and move from a to b in a flash.
Then, It's also technology. You need to study checklists, tweak motors, look at your plane's mecaics, and look at aerodynamics. It's a wonderfully complicated thing, with beautiful rewards! 😀

Jamie4590 Guest

What I love about flying the Concorde is the cozy, simplistic cockpit. When I raise the visor I feel protected in my own little but very fast world.

Pro Member Chief Captain
VegasFlyer Chief Captain

Freedom and silenece of the sky 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

VegasFlyer wrote:

Freedom and silenece of the sky 😀

Apart from that nice little Piston engine 😀 😀 😀

Pro Member First Officer
PIC1stOfficer First Officer

Always had the bug.
I saw a great huge eagle early one morning, wings spread fully. swooping across the entire lenght of a lake, a few short feet above the water.
That's how I feel about flying. 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

I hate it, its like bad job, I just have nothing better to do with my time. 😂

Pro Member First Officer
earthqu8kes First Officer

as said in the documentary "One Six Right: The Romance of Flying" in the very begining Barry Schiff says ''Asking someone why they like flying is like asking someone why they like Picasso.'' and i totally agree. there is no one answer to this question. 😉

Jamie4590 Guest

I like to fly at high altitudes so humans look like ants. Once I descended and in fact it was ants the size of humans. Imagine my surprise! It reminded me of the old classic 'It Came From The Desert' 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

The fact that I am susspended in air by one of mans GREATEST accomplishements, and going so fast in such a vast space of room.