Whacky rudder!

Rich T Guest

Having installed FS9 fresh on a re-formatted system, it has run fine for 2 days. Day 1 without the improved cfg file, and day 2 with. I had no problems whatsoever.

Today however, the rudder on my aircraft is cocked to the left as soon as it is loaded. When I apply throttle I can straighten it out and then control the aircraft, but as soon as I throttle to idle, it cocks to the left again and turns the plane. I have played around with the null zone and sensitivitie settings, both with auto-rudder on and off, but to no avail.

Please someone tell me you've had the same problem and how to fix it, as I don't think I can take any more of these annoyances! Evil or Very Mad

Rich

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Check that the Yaw switch is ON,this should put the rudder to centre,now save the flight and it should be ok in future
Also check in aircraft config for an entry Yaw = 1.0 (if its Yaw = 0.0 change it to 1.0)

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Rich T wrote:

... Day 1 without the improved cfg file, and day 2 with...

What do you mean by this? Which .cfg are we talking about and did you edit it or replace it with another one someone posted?

I sense trouble.

Rich T Guest

Tailhook

Some months ago when I was enquiring about graphics set-up, Liono sent me comprehensive instructions on how to do this, and advised about an alternative FS9.cfg file from Avsim to use.

Rich

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Rich T wrote:

Tailhook

Some months ago when I was enquiring about graphics set-up, Liono sent me comprehensive instructions on how to do this, and advised about an alternative FS9.cfg file from Avsim to use.

Rich

No harm done. Cut and paste that alternative FS9.cfg file to a place where you can find it again if you need to. Restart fs9, it will build a new one automatically and see what happens.
If things get worse, fetch the 'alternative one' and replace it again.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...