Overclocked GPU Problems

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

hi everyone,
my friend overclocked his ATI GPU using ATI Tools overclocking thing, but due to instablility on his pc, hes wondering how he could "undo" the overclock

Anyone got some ideas?

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

I Don't think you can undo the overlock. I'm not sure, I'll check it out tonight and answer for sure tommorrow.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

use the utility to put the settings back as they were before the overclock? 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain

But he did lose his warranty/guarantie.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Hm. He can try reinstalling the driver, But i think he's stuck with it. What "instabilitys" does his pc have? why des he want to undo it?
If his GFX card is acting up now,after the overlocking, he probably needs a new GPU cooler. The best I found is the Zalman VF-900 CU LED.
What kind of card does he have?

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

insight hits the nail on the head

use the utility to put the settings back as they were before the overclock

Overclocking should be done a little at a time,followed by testing or benchmarking to see if there is any instability
There are tools for both ATI and nVidia here ➡

http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads22.html

WARNING As you have found out,overclocking can have adverse affects on your PC,use with caution(better still,if you dont know what you are doing,leave well alone 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...