SearchSearch 

(Video) PMDG 737-700 VC Landing at KBOS

Pro Member First Officer
TimH First Officer

Hey again everyone

Another video I made

http://www.freewebs.com/tim_hyland/kbosland.html

Now I realise the frames are bad, but if you think about it

Virtual Cockpit (Hard on frames for almost any computer)
PMDG 737-700 (a very detailed payware aircraft, which does drag down frames)
Add-on scenery (the FlyTampa Boston scenery is very detailed, therefore frames are bad)
Fraps (huge frame impact when recording videos)

All of them together are a bad forumla for almost any computer, so thats why the frames are bad. They are alot smoother when Fraps isnt recording a video. Fraps has to save the picture of the screen 25 times each second, so its like taking 25 screenshots every second whil flying in Flight Sim, it would be enough to divide your frames in half

Anyway, enjoy the video -Happy-

Tim

Trixx Guest

Great vid i think everyone will realize that the fraps is to blame for the slight stuttering but i didnt bother me 😎 One question, what software/ addon do u have for that crew announcments? ive tried fs pax and have never experienced that many announcments upon landing😕

Pro Member First Officer
cheechm First Officer

👍 Nice video! The cabin announcements were late weren't they?

Pro Member First Officer
Mohit (Mc_GaNgStA) First Officer

I hate the way you need higher specifications for the VC of that payware when the box itself says one a lot lower. Nice video btw.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Nice video, understand about framerate. Looks like the PMDG 737 is a great aircraft that I'll have to get. Nice job. 👏

Note:They put the announcements in the program to enhance the simulation but the flight crew can't hear the announcements. The announcement you hear would be given around 10,000 ft. At the point in the video, the flight attendants would already be seated for landing.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Very exciting, I like the sounds that they build into the aircraft. When you used the reverse thrusters I had my hand on my mouse and I could feel the rumble.
Thanks I enjoyed that (full screen) especially since I never fly airliners just GA.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Nice video. It made me remember why I don't like VCs. 😂

Pro Member First Officer
TimH First Officer

Thanks guys!! 😀

I added the announcments myself, to make the video more realistic, and they arent really included in an add-on

I do realise they are late, and I was aware of that when making the video. I was trying to keep the video short, so it doesnt drag on, but I still wanted to put the add-ons in to create a nice feeling of realism if you know what I mean

The aircraft sounds themselves are default PMDG sounds, which I find are great!

Pro Member First Officer
Donald Stratton (GoneGolfing) First Officer

Nice video Tim, i always like to watch through the pilots eyes, especially upon landing.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Very nice and realistic video. 👍

cumpaniciu_one Guest

CRJCapt wrote:

Nice video, understand about framerate. Looks like the PMDG 737 is a great aircraft that I'll have to get. Nice job. 👏

Note:They put the announcements in the program to enhance the simulation but the flight crew can't hear the announcements. The announcement you hear would be given around 10,000 ft. At the point in the video, the flight attendants would already be seated for landing.

CRJCapt, I always wondered: how much real life commercial pilot experience do you have?

TimH, great video. Keep it up!

Pro Member First Officer
to_coolguys First Officer

Tim...

Ur video rocks....Am a fan of your videos....Waiting for another one....

Pro Member First Officer

TimH, man that video is too good and realistic. Unfortunately I can't make use of that feature as my frame rates are very low. Could you please tell me your PC specifications and what have you done (editted or changed what in the fs9.cfg) that makes that view run soooo well? I really wish I had that good view.
My PC specification is: Pentium IV 3.21 Ghz, 1 GB Ram, Geforce FX 5700 256 Mb.

Pro Member First Officer
TimH First Officer

Thanks for the nice comments guys!

McGangsta, my setup is similar to yours

I have a
Pentium D (Dual core) 3.00Ghz Processor
1024MB of RAM (1GB)
nVidia GeForce 6700XL video card

I didnt change any settings in any config to make it work, it just does lol. I dont think its possible to change settings to make it work, but on the faster computers it does and on the slower computers it doesnt if you know what I mean

Tim

Pro Member First Officer

Well I reckon I've got to change my graphics card then.