SearchSearch 

The Jeff Healy Band

Jamie4590 Guest

I never get bored of watching the Patrick Swayze film Road House mainly because of the fantastic sound track including a genorous helping of the amazing Otis Reading. My name is also Dalton as is Swayze's name in the film so like a big kid I pretend its me in the film. Whistle

I'm also a huge blues fan and can play it for hours on the piano. The Jeff Healy band are a blues outfit who feature in the film are incredible and I've just been looking through their official website. Being on the wrong side of the water I've not seen themlive before but would love to. I bet the atmosphere is fantastic. Has anyone here ever seen them live or know anything interesting about the band?

4 Responses

Pro Member First Officer
violentviolet First Officer

I saw Jeff Healy live back in 1991 at the Glasgow Pavillion. The show was fantastic,and what surprised everyone at the venue,during one song, he got up and strutted around the stage while doing his guitar solo. 😳 (Incase someone else reads this and says "so what",Jeff Healy is blind).
It was a great concert,and Roadhouse is a great movie too. 👍

Jamie4590 Guest

I wonder if the Scotland date was part of a world tour. I never realised they had played in the UK. Jeff Healy lost his sight to eye cancer when he was just one year old. From an early age music music must have been a great comfort for him. He has an outstanding talent for singing and playing the blues. For a white man.

Pro Member First Officer

I can't remember,it was when they released the album "Hell To Pay".It could have been part of a world tour, in any case it was mighty fine. 😀

Pro Member First Officer

Here is one of the best song he did,oddly without his usual backing band. Enjoy. 😀