Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

FS2002 troubles :(

Hi all,
Whenever I click the fs2002 professional icon to begin the game, the application begins as usual, with the splash screen of the 747 and an airport in the background. However, before it should click onto the select a flight screen it crashes back to the desktop with the message:
Microsoft Flight Simulator Module has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Any ideas what I can do to correct it, as all of my other games, cfs, call of duty, train simulator etc work fine

Ive also reinstalled the game but with no joy 😞
Thanks in Advance for any help

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Run Scandisk and degrag. Rebot computer.

Pro Member First Officer
cheechm First Officer

Could it be that you have deleted something/installed something that may have been important. If so tell us here. What was the last thing you added?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,
Whenever I click the fs2002 professional icon to begin the game, the application begins as usual, with the splash screen of the 747 and an airport in the background. However, before it should click onto the select a flight screen it crashes back to the desktop with the message:
Microsoft Flight Simulator Module has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Any ideas what I can do to correct it, as all of my other games, cfs, call of duty, train simulator etc work fine

Ive also reinstalled the game but with no joy 😞
Thanks in Advance for any help

A reinstall is only fully successful if the preceding uninstall has been executed correctly.
If done incorrectly, the file(s) that causes you problems might remain and carry over into the new install without you being aware of it.

I'm a bit intrigued by this

Microsoft Flight Simulator Module has encountered a problem..

Does it actually say 'Module' in the message?

Hi,
Yes it does say module.
As far as I know, I have not deleted anything or added anything harmful to fs2002. I exited the programme with everything working fine, then 15 minutes later I tried to restart the application and ever since this message has appeared and fs2002 doesn't respond 😞

If it helps,
My system specs: (unfortunately these specs mean nothing to me as i'm a but useless with technical terms ,
2.4GHz intel pentium 4
256MB DDR SDRAM 333MHz
80GB Ultra DMA Hardrive.
The pc is XP and about 3 1/2 years old.

Thanks again in advance if anyone can help me 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I never had 2002 but if there was a patch did you use it.

Radar

Jamie4590 Guest

I run FS2002 and recently I got an error every time I tried to run it. I accessed the FS directory folder called [myflights] and deleted all the save files I had amassed making sure I didn't delete any of the system generated save files. This did the trick.