SearchSearch 

Yes, My first Solo complete!!! IM SO HAPPY!!

CaptainKW Guest

Hello!!! Contrary to my previous email. I have had some lesson with a proper pilot, hms_endeavour! And other than a little bit of a mis communication on the radio, im glad to anounce that i have made my first proper solo flight!!!!!!!!!!! WAHOOO!!!!

I flew quite locally to where i actually live from Lydd (EGMD) in the UK to Manston (EGMH) across the other side of the county on the coast! In all i spent about 25 minutes in the air (should have only been about 15mins though)!

Had a little miscommuntication whereby when my teacher told me to make a right out over the ocean, stupid CaptainKW made a left and didnt realise!! So i had to swing back round shoot over the runway do a circle and land! I finally understand how GPs works now and its so much easier!!!

Well my little Cessna did me well, i taxi'd and jumped around my room in extacy coz i was so over the moon! Landing was hectic and on reviewing my glide path its abit embarrassing! Starts off with a drop from 3500ft down to 2500ft quite nicely but a bit steep, then trimmed nicely into a nice glide whilst lining it up and full flaps abit early so ended up having to stick some more juice on to get up abit but then came to with a small bump and taxi'd off the runway!!! IM SO CHUFFED!!

Here's to my first solo "cheers" now im gona try a little further away. gona shoot across from southern england to a french airport!!

Many Many thanx to hms_endeavour for being patient and helping me get to this point! wont be long and i will be on the heavies 😀 😀 😀 flying all over the world!

Thanks for reading!

10 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

👏 👏 👏

Pro Member Trainee
Michael Judah (compilots) Trainee

Congratulations! Group Wave

You have reminded me of my first solo, sooooooo long... long... ago.
I remembered the excitement you are feeling now! 😎

I wish I was still that excited today... it is just like driving a car these days... nothing special. 😞

Good on you... May you embrace this feeling for a very long time!

Jamie4590 Guest

Congrats. I was also ecstatic when I completed my first faultless 1000NM trip with ILS landing in the Flight Unlimited 3 series BeechJet 400A. I loved that aircraft and learnt many techniques with it such as tracking a GPS line and crabbing in wind. It's such a nippy thing but it wasn't without its quirks. Sometimes for no reason there would be a fuel leak and one tank would empty or an engine would catch fire and I would have to shut it off. To combat any fuel leaks I used to fly with unlimited fuel and it took me a while to work out why I kept crash landing!! Oh well, you live and learn! 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Congratulations! May you have many more happy flights! Punk

Keep up the good work and good luck!

Pro Member First Officer
Mohit (Mc_GaNgStA) First Officer

I wish Spain had this sort of flying lesson 😞 schools Congrats btw.

WantFSX Guest

Was this is flight simulator solo or real world solo? 😂 It's hard to tell, people get so into it sometimes....

WantFSX Guest

WantFSX wrote:

Was this is flight simulator solo or real world solo? 😂 It's hard to tell, people get so into it sometimes....

CORRECTION: Was this a flight simulator solo or real world solo? 😂 It's hard to tell, people get so into it sometimes....[/

Pro Member First Officer
TimH First Officer

I'd say it was a Flight Simulator solo flight

hms_endeavour is 13 years old!

Well done to both the student and the teacher, I remember my first solo flight, was an excellent feeling!!

Pro Member First Officer
cheechm First Officer

WantFSX wrote:

WantFSX wrote:

CORRECTION: Was this a flight simulator solo or real world solo? 😂 It's hard to tell, people get so into it sometimes....[/

CORRECTION???

It was flight simulator.

Pro Member First Officer
earthqu8kes First Officer

TimH wrote:

I'd say it was a Flight Simulator solo flight

hms_endeavour is 13 years old!

Well done to both the student and the teacher, I remember my first solo flight, was an excellent feeling!!

i was going to say...hms_endeavor isnt much older than me....