Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Can you guess

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

which game this is & what platform as well.

Jamie4590 Guest

Wizard?

Commodore 64? Maybe even Commodore 16?

Pro Member Chief Captain

Jamie4590 wrote:

Wizard?

Commodore 64? Maybe even Commodore 16?

Nope. Right era but wrong

Pro Member First Officer
cheechm First Officer

Is that older than me? I was born in '93!

Liar

No I was really!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Vic 20 (10?) ( I had one) with Alien or space invaders. (1882)

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

An ancient one.... Wink

Pro Member First Officer
cheechm First Officer

It is weird to think that "back in the old day" a 200MHz proccessor was good (because it was. . . . ??!!) but now you think, that couldn't even cope with Microsof Word!!

Pro Member Chief Captain

No one is correct. I'll put you out of your misery.

The game is Gauntlet II. It was avaiable on the ZX Spectrum 128K.

Have a look at some of those Spectrum Games. <<Those bring back so many good memorys.

Just choose a game and play. There's some classics there. Robocop, Top Gun, Dizzy & many more.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Karlw Chief Captain

wow that is older than me nintendo 64 came out a few years after I was born lol Laughing

Jamie4590 Guest

I was going to say ZX Spectrum!

I was having a nostalgic look at some old Amiga games. Some games still look good and the sound the Amiga could produce was great. I am ashamed to say at the time I copied games with friends which of course completely ruined the experience so never again. Its surprising how technology has advanced especially the floppy to the DVD ROM.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

Damn u Liono, i was just about to post the answer (granted I came to the post very late)

I LOVED that game!!!

Jamie4590 Guest

My fave title on the Amiga was Escape From Colditz. Shadow of the Beast trilogy was great too but mind numbingly difficult. My bro bought F-29 Retaliator but I never checked it out. I was too busy trying to get my last man out of Colditz. Never did. Sad

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

Jet Set Willy 2 was a great game too

no notion of "Save Games", just a limited amount of lives and over 100 rooms to get through... incredibly difficult.

Jamie4590 Guest

I forgot Syndicate! What a game for the Amiga that was. A pioneering title for the isometric platform as well.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Insight wrote:

Damn u Liono, i was just about to post the answer (granted I came to the post very late)

I LOVED that game!!!

Quote toself. Don't post the answer into Insight enters the room. Very Happy

Been playing Robocop & Dizzy all lunch time. I forgot how good those games where.

All right he's some more classic. Who remebers the following

Jamie4590 Guest

Streets of Rage II & Robocop??

Jamie4590 Guest

This is the 'game over' screen for what game?

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/7901/images1ve7.jpg

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

a very very tiny game

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

not sure on the first Liono but the second looks alot like Double Dragon II

Pro Member Chief Captain

Jamie4590 wrote:

Streets of Rage II & Robocop??

You have 1 correct

[quote="Insight"]not sure on the first Liono but the second looks alot like Double Dragon II

You have 1 correct

You should have the answer's by now

Jamie4590 wrote:

This is the 'game over' screen for what game?

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/7901/images1ve7.jpg

The game is called

SHADOW OF THE BEAST II

Jamie4590 Guest

Correct! Thumbs Up!

I thought that would be hard. Am I right to assume you played it?

Pro Member Chief Captain

Jamie4590 wrote:

Correct! Thumbs Up!

I thought that would be hard. Am I right to assume you played it?

Yes

Many moons ago on the Amiga 1200.

Jamie4590 Guest

Easily among the few ground breakers of its time. It really showed off the sound and graphics capabilities of the Amiga. It was stupidly hard though and without using the 'ten pints' cheat code it would be impossible to complete. Interestingly the company that created it were called Psygnosis and were well known for making leading games topped off with Lemmings that an individual designer dreamed up one night. No help from a microdot I'm sure! Psygnosis was bought by Sony in the late 90's and their programmers helped launch the Playstation with games such as Wipeout. As a programmer it must be incredible to see first hand the advancement in gaming over the last 20 years.

Pro Member Chief Captain

IMO I think if it wasn't for the following

ZX Spectrum
Commondore 64

We wouldn't have the games we have today. If I remeber correctly the Spectrum was the first home computer (if you can call it that) that you could programe and make your own stuff.

I remember staying up for hours on end and writing 100's of line of code. At the end it flashed my name in a couple of colours. It was wicked at the time.

For me the 80's & 90's where happy days for computing. Long live the classic games

Jamie4590 Guest

Liono wrote:

I remember staying up for hours on end and writing 100's of line of code. At the end it flashed my name in a couple of colours. It was wicked at the time.

I loved doing that with the GOTO commands! You could loop it so the text would fill the screen. I hope I never see another syntax error message or guru meditation crash again!

Pro Member First Officer
Donald Stratton (GoneGolfing) First Officer

I still have my old Atrari 800 and Commondore 64 in my basement, technology has
sure come alone way since then. I also remember playing with BASIC.

Jamie4590 Guest

You could run a house with the Javascript platform, literately. Many home appliances use Javascript technology in their chipsets. A web page isn't a web page unless it has a splash of Java.

I used to love playing with the Workbench 1.3 robotic voice. Who ever used that and DIDN'T make it say rude words and then speed it up. Great days! Very Happy