SearchSearch 

pmdg boeing 747-400

Pro Member Trainee
Sindre Henriksen (gothgod) Trainee

Can someone please help me find a PMDG Boeing 747-400`

I have gone thorugh alot of pages on avsim but I only find textures and modification😞
I need the PMDG for some corsair textures!
I have tried installing them on the original b747 but I have only installed the textures and you cant just fly textures😛
They are not to find to add to the original b747!

Please help 🙂

Cheers

9 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

gothgod wrote:

Can someone please help me find a PMDG Boeing 747-400`

I have gone thorugh alot of pages on avsim but I only find textures and modification😞
I need the PMDG for some corsair textures!
I have tried installing them on the original b747 but I have only installed the textures and you cant just fly textures😛
They are not to find to add to the original b747!

Please help 🙂

Cheers

Just google "PMDG" and it's at the top. But as I'm bored at work here you go

PMDG 747-400 I hope you have $54.99.

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain
Pro Member Trainee

I'm broke at the moment 😞
I was hoping for freeware but I dont know if there is any freeware pmdg's`?
I'll try to search further on the web but the payware omdg does look damn nice though 😀

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

PMDG and "freeware" may not be used in the same sentence 😛 They are the definition of anti-free hehe

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

gothgod wrote:

I'm broke at the moment 😞
I was hoping for freeware but I dont know if there is any freeware pmdg's`?
I'll try to search further on the web but the payware omdg does look damn nice though 😀

If you want freeware then get the iFLY 747-400 plus get the service packs as well.

The iFLY is probably the most detailed 747.

iFly 747-400 V1.0.0.0 for FS2004. Extreme detailed cockpit with fully simulated FMC. Complete TCAS simulation with audio and visual TA and RA system. Fully simulated Inertial Reference System. 90% of 3D fully operational buttons in VC mode. 3 model configuration for better performance. Includes with seven liveries. And more

If you look hard enough you can get PMDG from certain sites, illegaly. But the gauges don't work.<< Take note

Pro Member Trainee

yeah ok I'll try them but the only thing I really am most interested in is using my pmdg corsair textures on a good freeware 747-400.
like in my own oppinion, texture is only texture. but then again I am not THAT much into how it really works!
like if pmdg texture only works with pmdg 747's.

would have been nice if there were any way to change this!

what I did with the corsair texture was like it said on a web site I was given were there was explained detailed -how- to install new textures.
I did exactly as it said I had to do! I used the original 747 which came with fs2004 but now the only texture available for the original 747 is the "global freighways".
I installed the corsair textures to that aircraft and I told fs2004 that there was new textures for that aircraft but it didnt work 😞

how can this be?

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

Ok, a few things. Even if two aircraft are the same type (let's say the default 747 and the PMDG) they are not exactly the same (as models). Therefore just copying the textures will (usually) NOT work.

IF the aircraft are close enough, you *might* be able to manipulate the textures using Photoshop and DXTBmp or some other editing program. This means, getting the Opensky "paintkit" and applying the Corsair textures over the paintkit.

THEN you need to update the .cfg file of the aircraft so that the new textures show up. It takes some practice, but when you can do it it can be rewarding.

Pro Member Trainee

wikid dude Wink hehe
but ehm...
issent editing textures and aircrafts like hard?
I read in a readme file that some guys had spent 10 months making 1 airplane.!
though that is making not editing but still...
I am not very much into programming and stuff.

I suck in using photoshop!
I only Censored up pictures and have fun😛

havent used it very much.

but that program you mantioned...
is that hard to use/understand?

Censored By Radar

Pro Member Trainee

grrr

stupid Censored 😛
I cant find DXTBmp or fspainter software!
I have searched for both for some time now! I found 1 site (cant recall the name) but it had some softwares for installing ifdg a320 textures.
but since I am at the library and those damn people has firewall I didnt get to download.

grr. hehe

Censored By Radar