SearchSearch 

Now that's what DX10 is...................

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Quite an interesting intro to DX10

http://www.driverheaven.net/articles/dx10/

5 Responses

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

Good find, interesting info. I like the idea of the GPU handling the physics for more object interaction.

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

I find it sad, as a long time nVidia user, that they are not following ATI in their lead. So looks like ATI will be taking the lead, for quite a while. Just wonder what they think we should pay for their new package.

Mind I notice that there is a mention of DX9 being an upgrade on the present one, so maybe that will be enough for starters. I expect we shall see a lot of info dribbling out over the next few days/weeks/months, and maybe, (I hope not!), years. 😉 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

As I said in another post it's now my understanding that the DX 10 cards will draw 250w each, which leads me to see a 1,000w power supply in my future.
Name brand of course.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

A 1000Wts, just hope my present PSU maker brings one out with a higher rating, unless someone else with a similar design does. I do like the detachable leads with Molex connectors, certainly helps keep the web of wires under control. The make I use is Hiper, but highest rating I've found is 580Wts, which I'm using. I have 2 of them, one in each comp. Have tried others before, but none have equalled these, for me I add! Very quiet fans, and I like the fan run on, after powering down, helps stop hot spots damaging any delicate parts.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Good find. 👍