Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

HELP!!!!!!!

Pro Member First Officer
Taylor First Officer

when i downloaded fs2004, the game didnt have the dash or md80s. but then i saw that ai had them. how can i get those or what did i do wrong. please help.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Lets try to make things clearer... Idea

You say you download FS?From where?As i know there is no downloadble version of FS...Please someone correct me if im wrong... Dont Know

You say that the game didn't have Dash-8 and MD-80...If we suppose that you make a mistake saying that you download FS and you have the CD's,FS does very well of not having these crafts because they are not included...There are only in add-ons.

Now the most difficult part at least for my smalll brain Shocked ...Finally you notice that your downladble version inculdes these two crafts... Shocked Exclamation....but you are asking how can you get them....Im in serious problem now...

Sorry Dont Know but the last one falls me into deep darkness and my mind starts Wacko Wacko Wacko Wall Bashing

Pro Member Captain
Wing-man Captain

Taylor wrote:

when i downloaded fs2004, the game didnt have the dash or md80s. but then i saw that ai had them. how can i get those or what did i do wrong. please help.

I'm also curious to know what downloadable version of fs2004 you have Question

What you probably did wrong, was download fs2004 Hit with Chair unless you could shed more light as to what your asking Rolling Eyes .
But as GM72 say's, FS9 does'nt include the above aircraft.

Pro Member First Officer
Taylor First Officer

ok mr. smarty. i BOUGHT the game and then installed it. it is the normal game like everyone else. JEEEZ

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Taylor wrote:

ok mr. smarty. i BOUGHT the game and then installed it. it is the normal game like everyone else. JEEEZ

Sorry cant help you on this problem dear Taylor...Maybe someone else Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Umm... The Dash and MD-80 aircraft are not standard fs9 aircraft.
If you want flyable aircraft you will have to d/load them
Try Ifdg for the MD Arrow

IFDG (Now closed)

Problems with the above site at the moment so search avsim for ifdg

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Taylor wrote:

Then I have a question. Why didn't you say what you meant? It is a really good habit to get into. Wink

Pro Member Captain
Wing-man Captain

Taylor wrote:

You did'nt say that Rolling Eyes you cleary state that you downloaded fs2004. Oh and by the way, that's Mister Smarty to you.

Pro Member Captain
lenin Captain

ok, lets try not to gang up on the new guy. You can only download the traffic dash8 and such. Don't know why. Think they are on this site somewhere...

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

To clear this up for you Taylor, that is perfectly normal. The AI aircraft are ugly aircraft which only look good from a certain distance, and they are not flyable. Search for MD80 or DASH at avsim.com and you'll find a bunch of aircraft you can download!

BashDaBish Guest

FAO Greekman and a few others.

I work in IT and deal with the public and a regular basis. On the whole, the general public (non techies) often refer to installing/transfering files from a CD as downloading. Just take it with a pinch of salt.

It gets worse too. Many refer to base units/towers as modems Rolling Eyes

Of course some on here may actually mean downloading but then they would be daft to actually admit it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Yeah alright Wink ...From tomorrow I 'll start writing to these forums in Greek and I will expect from all of you to understand what I'm talking about...

Look my friend...Im not an expert in English and probably I will never be one...But I'm giving my best when i ask or write something here to use the obvious language and not the one it supposed to be understood...And I do it in my real life too since I was a child because I learn it...

Deeply sorry for being a bit tough but dear Taylor not only didn't explain properly his problem but he is also reacts a bit rude when we notice it to him...We all were children but we had manners and respect to others....Why?Because we grow up this way... Exclamation

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Oh GM, don't do anything, just stay the way we all love! Please! Cheers!

I am sure you'll feel better after one of those. Laughing Laughing

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

KenTel wrote:

Oh GM, don't do anything, just stay the way we all love! Please! Cheers!

I am sure you'll feel better after one of those. Laughing Laughing

Big Grin Cheers! Big Grin Thumbs Up!

Don't worry my friend KenTel....You cant teach an old dog new tricks...And I'm sure you know it better than me Wink

BashDaBish Guest

My post was to explain why some posters use the term downloading. Not to offend so I am sorry if you feel that it what I have done.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

BashdaBish it wasn't you.
This was a while in coming.
Taylor has been posting to gain a post count and it irks some of us.
Now he mistakenly used the wrong term (downloading) after we have seen pirate downloading mentioned often on this site.
He snapped back at GM and WM who were trying to help and it escalated from there.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

BashDaBish wrote:

My post was to explain why some posters use the term downloading. Not to offend so I am sorry if you feel that it what I have done.

I'd love to know how the term download started being used in that manner.

One of the reasons I react so negatively when people misuse language, is that every time language is degraded, meanings become less clear and that language becomes less usefull in conveying meaning.

So, I'll continue to be grumpy when words are spat out with no attention paid to their meaning.

Pro Member Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

BashdaBish it wasn't you.
This was a while in coming.
Taylor has been posting to gain a post count and it irks some of us.

Radar

I have a suggestion. From now on, when we see someone posting for promotion, we just don't answer them. Shocked

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

BashDaBish wrote:

No problem at all. Wink
I don't feel offended from your post and i clearly understand you purpose to help and thank you for this. Thumbs Up!