SearchSearch 

internet.

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

For the last 2 days or so i was without internet. I thought i would be bored stupid but surprisingly it was refreshing. Not talking to anyone on msn or looking on the web. I actually liked it. I made some models and painted them. I also watched the movie fight club- one word: strange. I would advise everyone to have a weekend every once in a while where they just don't turn on the computer and do other things. It makes a change and i have had a really good day.

20 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Indeed, I agree with you. After I had a week of designing, I just let my brain cells relax and I go to swim or do something nice and relaxing... Defragmenting my brain drive 😀

Munkeh Guest

If only I was strong enough to lure myself away!

I really, really, should start getting off my machine.

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

excellent choice of film my friend! One of my favourites 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

when i think about it i don't really need to go on the computer i just do. I don't do anything but talk to people on msn i see during the day anyway and occasionally pop in on these forums. I don't really go on fs that much cos i am finding it boring at the moment.

Jamie4590 Guest

Some films I've watched this week:

Capricorn One: Stupid idea

Shawshank Redemption: Gripping

A Beautiful Mind: Beautiful

Silent Running: Still makes me cry like a baby. Poor Huey and Duey. Crying or Very sad

The Sting: Robert Redford never looked so good

Happy Gilmore: Trouser fillingly funny

The Shining: I was alone so I switched to The New Statesman (Rik Mayall)before it got scarily weird Embarassed

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

the shining was on last night on BBC2. I watched a bit but then switched over to Parkinson;)

Jamie4590 Guest

Me too. For an interviewer thats renowned for never givingn his guests a hard time it was nice to see him giving Trinny and Suzannah a hard time 😂

Audiences today don't understand Dame Edna Everidge but I find Barry Humphries' character absolutely hilarious. He takes comic timing to another level. Maybe its because he's not on tv much since Wogan stopped airing. 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

For my part, I'll stay on the internet and avoid the real world. Flipping the bird at my monitor hasn't placed me in harm's way, yet. 😂

Munkeh Guest

Who needs films when you've got....coronation street, and lost!

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

they are both crap. Now, the Bill is different. lol.
I would rather do more things in the real world then on the internet because i don't really like the falseness that comes with the internet. i am who i am on this forum as i am in the real world.
Does anyone watch Bad Girls?
😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain

At what point did sitting in front of a telvision screen watching mindless programs aimed at the lowest common denominator in society, become real world?

Anyone who says, "I am who I am", is hiding something. That phrase goes with the following:

trust me
in all honesty
I swear it
honestly
to tell the truth
it's a fact
my life's an open book

Okay, time to yell at me. 🙄

Munkeh Guest

Alright alright! I was only joking...and anyway...coronation street isn't mindless 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain

Munkeh wrote:

Alright alright! I was only joking...and anyway...coronation street isn't mindless 😂

I have no way to tell. I don't get those, "foreign" shows. 😂 😂

In fairness, I have to admit that the President on West Wing always seemed smarter than the real world one. Better writers, I guess. 🙄

Pro Member First Officer
violentviolet First Officer

CrashGordon wrote:

I have no way to tell. I don't get those, "foreign" shows. 😂 😂

You don't want to know anyway.It's 30 minutes of wrist slashing boredom. Sleep

Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

At what point did sitting in front of a telvision screen watching mindless programs aimed at the lowest common denominator in society, become real world?

Anyone who says, "I am who I am", is hiding something. That phrase goes with the following:

trust me
in all honesty
I swear it
honestly
to tell the truth
it's a fact
my life's an open book

Okay, time to yell at me. 🙄

All of these phrases can also be followed by as per the following:

trust me "i'm a doctor"
in all honesty "i'm a doctor"
I swear it "i'm a doctor"
honestly "i'm a doctor"
to tell the truth "i'm a doctor"
it's a fact "i'm a doctor"
my life's an open book "i'm a doctor"

😀

Pro Member Chief Captain

It could be worse...a lawyer. 😂

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

so if i said i was hiding stuff about my real identity you wouldn't worry about it???
You can't honestly say that if i said i was a pedo or something alarm bells wouldn't go off. (i am not a pedo by the way)

Pro Member Chief Captain

lenin wrote:

so if i said i was hiding stuff about my real identity you wouldn't worry about it???
You can't honestly say that if i said i was a pedo or something alarm bells wouldn't go off. (i am not a pedo by the way)

What people say about themselves doesn't mean much to me, if I can't verify it.

That said, if you said you were the Queen of England, I would have a good laugh. 😂

By the way, you can hide things about yourself in both the real world and online.

As far as flags going up, if you said you owned 100 shares of Barclay's Bank, PLC, flags would go up. Do you know why?

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

no and to be honest i don't much care.
not being rude

Pro Member Chief Captain

lenin wrote:

no and to be honest i don't much care.
not being rude

I don't think you are being rude, but I suspect you have an idea why I said it. But, we can leave it at that.