SearchSearch 

Internet Explorer 7

Pro Member First Officer
Ed Reagle (edr1073) First Officer

Incase anybody was wandering about MS IE7. There aren't any concerns about how it works with FS9. It works seemlessly as 6 did. You have to adjust a few things but over all IE7 (Candidate) is a good replacement for IE 6. Just thought I would give everybody my 2 cents.

See ya...!!! Happy flying...!!!

Group Wave

7 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Thanks Ed 👍

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

edr1073 wrote:

Incase anybody was wandering about MS IE7. There aren't any concerns about how it works with FS9. It works seemlessly as 6 did. You have to adjust a few things but over all IE7 (Candidate) is a good replacement for IE 6. Just thought I would give everybody my 2 cents.

See ya...!!! Happy flying...!!!

Group Wave

Have you tried the kneeboard?

Pro Member First Officer

Actually that is a good point. It seems to work a little bit faster in IE 7. This browser seems to intergrate better than 6. I don't know why but it does seem to be smoother than IE 6.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Interesting. The first 2 betas broke the kneeboard and I hadn't tried it with RC1.

Pro Member First Officer

I am thinking that MS has finally realized they wern't listening to peole and the ideas that were abounding in the world. There are a few things I don't like but, there are tab browsing which you can keep or modify. It seems to be pretty flexible. The Betas aere just stepping stones, they they get serious with. Maybe in future builds they will listen about what people would like to see and use...???

Pro Member Chief Captain

The only thing I don't like is that the refresh and stop loading buttons aren't next to the forward and backward buttons. I don't see a way to move them. I do like the fact that I can close the active tab by clicking the x that appears in that tab, rather than clicking on the x all the way on the right as Firefox does.

Pro Member First Officer

All very good points. I think that you can "Customize" the browser though. I haven't tried to do much with it yet. I shutoff the tabs though it was a bit anoying to me. But at least they make it an easy choice this time around.