Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Crash Effects

Pro Member First Officer
Odyssey First Officer

I am somewhat dissapointed with the mediocre default crashes on FS9.
Is there a program that anyone would recommend which shows some good effects when crashing. A few explosions or fires would be quite cool.

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

I understand what you are saying, but the explanation is simply that Flight Simulator is not a game. The whole point behind the program is to simulate flight, and that is why they have not added any fancy explosions and such.

For people who like fancy explosions you have to download a third party program (try at www.avsim.com ). I am pretty sure you'll find something there.

Good luck!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Have a look at this Arrow

http://www.simviation.com/fs2004misc10.htm (First one )

Pro Member First Officer
Taylor First Officer

yea that download is a good one

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Odyssey wrote:

I am somewhat dissapointed with the mediocre default crashes on FS9.
Is there a program that anyone would recommend which shows some good effects when crashing. A few explosions or fires would be quite cool.

Add the following line to the aircraft.cfg just before the Description part: visual_damage=1

It won't give you fireballs or explosions but is certainly an improvement on the default.

After 9/11 Microsoft deleted this entry from FS. Whether this decision has made the world a safer place is debatable. Wink

Jamie4590 Guest

I got hold of what looked like a decent crash package from Avsim but I decided not to install it as the idea is to keep the aircraft in the sky.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Welshflyer Chief Captain

I did the same as jamie4590, after all it's called flightsim not crashsim.