Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

a340 professional

Pro Member First Officer
kieranja First Officer

i bought this some time ago and i thought i give it another go but i still cant get the plane to fly the speed i set

the auto throttle is on and mach speed hold but it just wont listen to what speed i set and just sets it at what it wants
any 1 had problems with this pack and sorted it?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

Was the autopilot on?
I've never had problems like that with my A340 Professional.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

I dunno how airbus's work, but is the Auto Throttle armed?

Pro Member First Officer
kieranja First Officer

yeah all auto pilot is on the lil green lights up on the thrust gauge but it wont move to the speed i going

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Well that sucks.

Did you read the manual?

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

Are you using "+" and "-" to set thrust to the flight detent or are you using a slider? Any slider should be left at zero thrust and you should use the fly by wire system.

Pro Member First Officer
kieranja First Officer

got throttle but yet again no matter where it is plane just goes in to togo mode

Pro Member Captain
Bindolaf Captain

Ok. Do not use the throttle. The Airbus has 4 detents (positions) for the throttle: IDLE, CLB, FLEX, TOGA. When you start, it's at IDLE. If you hit "+" you will see it goes to CLB. Hit "+" again (on the numpad) and it will go to FLEX. Once more and it will go TOGA.

After take off, at the acceleration altitude, click "-" (on the numpad) twice to go back to CLB. After that, the autothrottle takes over. Note that if you click the speed button on the MCP three dots appear (---). This means the MCDU regulates speed. If you RIGHT click it (it pops out), you can input a number for speed hold. Throttle needs to be on CLB again.

Don't know if that helps. Read the manual and perhaps ask at the PSS forums for more.

Pro Member First Officer
kieranja First Officer

i sorted it out now thankx a lot. never knew about the clb/flex

know where i can get some different repaint for this now ?

Pro Member Chief Captain

Yes. Go to www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk and create an account. After that, go to Support - User Edits. Click on User Edits and then select A330/A340. There's a list of 81 repaints for you to download them.

Wink

Pro Member First Officer
kieranja First Officer

i looking for repaint for the 330-200

any u know of for that ?

Pro Member Chief Captain