Meljet

Elkin Guest

I have tried several panels made for mel 777. They do not install properly. : One of them has a black windscreen, one of them has no crt illumination.

Can someone help with this?

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Elkin Guest

Am I to assume this?,,, correctly? I must spend 40 dollars in order to install a panel in a mel jet plane?
A freeware plane is not so free unless you want to fly beautiful 777 with a '172' panel!

I hope I missunderstood!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😞 I have had problems with a Meljet ie look left and.............nothing
Try another of his aircraft as it may just be that one plane
Also look out for one without the passenger cabin views

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Elkin wrote:

Am I to assume this?,,, correctly? I must spend 40 dollars in order to install a panel in a mel jet plane?
A freeware plane is not so free unless you want to fly beautiful 777 with a '172' panel!

I hope I missunderstood!!

Doh! I'm not telling you to spend $40 to put a new panel in. I also gave you a link to a tutorial for installation of a panel.
The last few posts that you have made seemed to point up the fact that you were unhappy with the panels out there. Dont Know
I just gave you the idea Idea that If you are looking for the "perfect" panel you could make that part of your hobby, build them, use them, upload them for others. 🤔

Radar

Elkin Guest

I am not unhappy with any of the panels!!! they are great!! I have installed in other aircraft. It is just the mel 777 , 747 that I am having difficulty with.

I installed them, but they are UNUSABLE Either CRT's do not work, or the windscreen view is blacked out.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Elkin Guest

I continued to try different panels until one of them 'took'. I tried some of them several times. I found one that is really nice but just won't go in. Anyway, I found one that DID install!!! It has GPWS and cabin calls. Also a rearview that looks into the cabin where people are and a movie plays!!!

There were no side views, so I chopped them from another panel and installed them in the panel that I installed in the aircraft.

WHeeeeew!! I think I'll relax a little bit and fly the 3 holer from St. Maarten to Miami

St. Maarten is where I have been doing all this work!! In miami I am going to get to work on a DC-10-30. Engines, panel,, the works!!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...