SearchSearch 

Suggestions please for Selling FS2004 and Add-ons

Pro Member First Officer
RichT First Officer

Can anyone suggest the best place to advertise selling my FS2004 game and various add-ons?

I also have a 5 month old PC with an ECS KL1 SLI Extreme motherboard, dual nVidia GeForce 7900 GT graphic cards and dual AMD Athlon core processors. Do you think it is best to try and sell this, or is there a way I can destroy it beyond repair and claim on the insurance?

Many thanks

Rich

6 Responses

Pro Member First Officer
cheechm First Officer

RichT wrote:

Do you think it is best to try and sell this, or is there a way I can destroy it beyond repair and claim on the insurance?

Also known as insurance fraud!!

How come you are selling up? Try selling the PC on eBay.

Pro Member First Officer
RichT First Officer

Good idea.

I'm selling up because I specifically bought this high-spec PC to run FS on, but have had nothing but problems getting it to work properly. I have emailed the makers of the motherboard, graphic cards, processors, joystick and finally Microsoft themelves. They have spent the last 3 weeks emailing and then phoning, even logging onto the PC, and they have now given up trying to resolve the problem.

The PC was advertised as a "Games" PC, and yet you have to laugh at the fact that nothing will work properly on it.

Rich

Pro Member First Officer
cheechm First Officer

Can't you send it back? Plus, what isn't working about it? Have you asked around these forums, trying to find some answers?
Might be a good idea!

Good luck!

Pro Member First Officer
earthqu8kes First Officer

if it doesnt work its defective right??? if so then send it back. if who ever sold the comp to you doesnt accept...well theyre Censored ❗ ❗ ❗

Jamie4590 Guest

Not sure if you live in the UK but if you do check out your nearest CEX store or cex.co.uk

They offer realistic prices for second hand gear. Probably not as much as selling privatly through ebay or classified ads but easier.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

earthqu8kes wrote:

if it doesnt work its defective right??? if so then send it back. if who ever sold the comp to you doesnt accept...well theyre Censored ❗ ❗ ❗

It is a bad idea to assume it is defective. I wouldn't assume that user error isn't involved.

The original poster hasn't said if he has the latest drivers, applied all of the Windows upgrades, patches, etc.

Furthermore, since his original post contemplated an illegal act, I wouldn't bother answering him. Evil or Very Mad