SearchSearch 

CFS2 & CFS3

Pro Member Trainee
abutz Trainee

Anybody who has a copy of CFS2 or CFS3 and does"nt play them anymore and you would like to get rid of them please contact me
VIA Message!

Thanks.

3 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I've got both and though I hardly ever use CFS3 I wouldn't dream of getting rid of it as this would be a great sacrilege I'm told Fear

Anyway,if no one is prepared to part with either and pass it on to you and you find yourself having to make a purchase, go for CFS2 -- it's still worth its money. CFS3 is rubbish. 😀

Pro Member Trainee
abutz Trainee

Thank's for the info. I've been told the same thing from alot of other people. Why do you think CFS3 is rubbish. Is it the graphics or what etc.

Thank's for the info.
No doubt your a true flight sim junkie!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

The graphics are ok but not exactly an improvement over CFS2. CFS3 out of the box is riddled with bugs so you get the update which is a must and then you realize that there is still no joy.
I could never immerse myself as deeply as I could in CFS2. I also prefer the type of Training Missions available in CFS2 especially the carrier landings. You nail those on a regular basis and you won't have any problems landing any aircraft in FS.

Finally compatibility. In CFS3 Microsoft used a different engine which made it pretty much impossible to import aircraft from other sims. I used to export all my aircraft from CFS2 to FS2002, both the default a/c as well as all the payware a/c, even the smaller default a/c from FS2002 would work perfectly all right in CFS2... for instance, I took the default Sopwith Camel straight out of FS2002 and flew it in CFS2 where it suddenly had guns 😳
So I figured I try a carrier landing in the Camel and after botching the approach several times I thought I'll shoot at the carrier and see what happens. I did manage to sink the carrier after half a dozen strafing runs but not without drawing plenty of flak in the process.
I know this is not realistic, but I choose to use any flightsim, both combat and none-combat as a platform for my personal enjoyment. In this light, CFS3 is just too limited for my taste. 😉