7900GTX drivers

Pro Member First Officer
Nick (-Jester-) First Officer

Hey guys, I am in a small problem. I recently got a new comp and do now wish to purchase Windows Xp for my OS, so I just went with VISTA RC1 until full release. But there are no drivers out there that I know of until now.

I checked out the Nvidia site and there are two options.

1. GeForce and TNT2
2. GeForce Go 7 Series

I have the NVIDIA GeForce 7900GTX is it okay if I d/load the #1 option? I have no clue and am hopeing to get better graphics and soon/ put my comp to the max. Now as Far as I know the GeForce Go 7 series sounds like a notebook graphics card as from what I read, but I am not sure

any help will be greatly appreciated!
-Nick

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Right.
GeForce Go 7 Series
http://www.nvidia.com/page/geforcego7.html

Use this for this 1. GeForce and TNT2 .
http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

so I am guessing since I do have a notebook I get the bottom linK?

gah so lost.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

-Jester- wrote:

so I am guessing since I do have a notebook I get the bottom linK?

gah so lost.

You didn't say you had a notebook, yes that's your drivers.
Close call!

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

-Jester- wrote:

. I recently got a new comp and do now wish to purchase Windows Xp for my OS, so I just went with VISTA RC1 until full release. But there are no drivers out there that I know of until now...

Umm... This is very confusing.

Pro Member First Officer

wow, that was a close call, thanks Radar you the man!

-Nick

oh sorry for the confusion I just read it myslef...few

I meant to say, I just bough a new computer and got everything but an Operating System, So I downloaded Vista RC1 ( so I do not have to pay for XP and then pay for Vista) but here is my delema, I have a Suped up comp but I am unable to put my graphics card to use ( I get crappy detail, because there are no drivers for the VISTA RC1 beta)

hope that cleared thing up

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

It did indeed 😀

Still, wouldn't it have been wiser to get the OEM XP and later on just the Vista Upgrade? I'm in two minds about this.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...