Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Build a Plane?

Pro Member First Officer
Riclo First Officer

Cool Aloha All, I mentioned to Radar that I was thinking of showing people how to build a plane by Building a plane on my site with you (that are interested) following along. After recieving enough E's I've decided to go ahead and do the project. It will be in the T&T section of my site and should be posted by Saturday at the latest, and will run for 1 week per Lesson.(body is the first Lesson) If nothing else you can watch me stumble through this and have a good laugh.(remember you need FSDS V2.xx by Abacus)
My Site (http://rilo-aeronautics.com)
Ric (I hope I know what I'm getting into)

Pro Member First Officer
Riclo First Officer

Cool Aloha, Just an update to let those that would like to know, the lesson was just uploaded. Ric

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Very Happy Thumbs Up!
Im Read with great interest
What a great idea
Thanks Riclo Bow Down Clap

Pro Member First Officer
Riclo First Officer

Aloha Tom, Thanks for the Thumbs Up! I thought that some folks would like something like this and it keeps me out of trouble. The lesson took me a lot longer than actually doing the Body. (but it was fun) Ric

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

I'm also interested in that project. Now, I'm reading something about it in your site.
It's a very good idea Clapping

Last edited by Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) on Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member First Officer
Riclo First Officer

Aloha and Thanks Agus, I am glad to help anyone that would like to fly their own Design. When I first started there were Tutorials on this and that but not one was there with you to the end, so it was a slow and painful (lots of mistakes) till I understood the Ideas that one needs to build a plane. So I figured that if I did this it would make the learning curve easier for others. Ric Smile

Pro Member Trainee
Seideric Trainee

Aloha Riclo,

Just read you entire site. Saved the week one lesson to hard drive. Next step for me is to gather all the downloads and study some. As this is all new to me I probably will not keep up but I should at least get the idea. I need to spend some time flying!

At least I have PSP for when you get to the Paint section.

Thank you for the lessons!

Seideric

Pro Member First Officer
Riclo First Officer

Aloha Seideric, Good work on the d/loading the tutorials, yes it can take some time, but it will be worth it when you fly your own plane. And when we get to the Paint part it should be fun. For the rest of you that are going to follow along, when we get to the paint section you can d/load PSP on a trial bases long enough to do the paint project and see if you like the PSP enough to go ahead and purchase it.( the cheapest paint program I know of that has layers. (and a lot o free plug ins) Ric

Pro Member First Officer
Riclo First Officer

Surprised WOW! Am I surprised, seems that it was a good Idea, so for those of you that are interested, I have added an additional page to include the wing and seat design early and then rotate the tutorials as I go along. This way you can Experiment with the wing and body on a copy until I do the next installment. Hack Ric

Pro Member Trainee
Seideric Trainee

Hi Riclo,

I downloaded Nova1 but what we are going to do with:

Nova1 Homo sapiens gene encoding neuro-oncological ventral antigen 1.

NOVA2 has all of the best features you would expect from a hand dryer.

Just pulling your leg. Are these the nova textures you are asking us to Download?

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2888/nova-gold-textures/
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2889/nova-textures-release-3/

I am having problems with the rest the textures. They have dates of 2000, 2001, 2002 will VOD, nova gold work if they are that old. tried to get to the flightsim.com site they have your list but as a registered member I can not seem to get in "all nodes are busy" better chance winning the lotto.

If you tell me what versions are ok I will get them, Franks Hanger has some older ones (current??) are they ok?

Going to get the others first before getting FSDS, FSDS is not cheep.

It is looking like will take notes (ie down lode your Tips page), and will participate in the Painting segment.

Riclo, if you let an extra week go by to start the classes you may pick up a few more students.

I think that what you are trying to do is great!

Thank you.

Last edited by Seideric on Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Trainee
Seideric Trainee

Hey Riclo!!!

Think I found a good site to get the down loads from

Are the newest versions of thes satisfactory?

Pro Member First Officer
Riclo First Officer

Cool Aloha Seideric, The site you found is a good one, and yes those are great ones to D/load. As for most Textures, they will work with no problem, but the ones that may not work would be the ones that are 24 bit, but then FSDS can convert these to either 16 or 32 bit. so they can work. (remember that even 8 bit will work) Now for that suggestion you made about leaving the lessons up for two weeks, sounds good to me then I could rotate the lessons after that. Hack Ric

Pro Member Trainee
Seideric Trainee

Riclo, do you hide Easter eggs for a living? No, it is a scavenger hunt!

for Gerrish's:

Trees Library for FS2000&2 Release 3
Replacement AutoGen Tree Textures 1 - gtl_agen
Replacement AutoGen Tree Textures 2 - MSTrees
Replacement AutoGen Tree Textures 3 - MSTrees2

I changed the names a bit to help me figure out what they were plus copied the information for the ones that had info. and pasted it to a word doc.

Also I found:

Airport 1.21 textures

Airport 2.02 textures

But it took me a while to find > Airport for Windows2.6 < that your website asks for but here is the website:

(dead link removed)

They have a AFW2.6 upgrade to Version 3 that is just out so I am going to download that too.

For Flight Sim Design Studio go to

http://www.abacuspub.com/catalog/s492.htm

We need FSDS but do we need: Visual Aircraft & Scenery Studio and Custom Panel Designer? If we do not need them should we get them anyway? FSDS and the other two would be the last that I know I need to down load.

One guest posted in general saying that they were looking for someone to teach them, RadareMan pointed them to this post, also Agus0404 and TTT are intrested. Anyone else????

I tried to link all the places the Files that are required for the class are found, so come on you all join up!

There are so many Texturs now my 18 gig partition is down to 2 gigs!!! (joking..)

I have not installed any programs but have them unzipped and ready to install. Also I have not installed Any of Gerrish's AutoGenTree Libraries.

Pro Member First Officer
Riclo First Officer

Aloha Seideric, Boy you are a Busy little beaver. Smile Glad you found what you were looking for, as for the D/loads, you did a great job. The AFW 2.6 is for making scenery, not planes, maybe I should have made myself a little more clear, althougfh it won't hurt to have.( make a special hanger for the plane?) No you will not need Visual Aircraft & Scenery, or Custom Panel Designer for this Build, as we will be using the default Panel.
Ric

Pro Member Trainee
Seideric Trainee

Aloha Riclo,

I can not get my circle squared up, not even an oval. For some reason (button, swich etc) when I hit point mode activate "Scale" and constrain Z axis, and activate the "capture" box and use my mouse nothing happens.

Using the Cross section mode I can make it look like a stake Round but not squared like you want.

Also I could move the point using the move mode but if you think I am adjusting each point you better not bogart and pass me over some.

Any hints?

Pro Member First Officer
Riclo First Officer

Aloha Seideric, Ok if I understand correctly you have activated "Scale" and constrained "Z" and "Y" then captured the two opposing points, now while in "X" view just press your mouse key and move, it will either shrink or expand. Then just capture the adjacent points and move them in. You could move them in point mode but it takes much longer and not as satisfactory. Hope this helps, Ric (if you have any more questions just write me at my site, so I can respond quicker)

Pro Member Trainee
Seideric Trainee

Ok will write you there.

Thanks