Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

************New DemoFSX#2***********

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

A new demo, much better than the first, let's see. Downloading now.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/thankyou.aspx?familyId=CE12726C-0EBA-4653-8270-3365B98A76EF&displayLang=en

Radar

Last edited by RadarMan on Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:10 am, edited 2 times in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Thanks RM - I'm downloading...

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

798MBs? 😳 That'll have to wait 'til next week... wait a minute... by then it will be almost time to get the real thing Umm...

👍

i saw this on another flight simulator website.. ive been trying to download it for the passed 2 days but it keeps taking me to a Server not found page.. any suggestions..? 😕 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

i saw this on another flight simulator website.. ive been trying to download it for the passed 2 days but it keeps taking me to a Server not found page.. any suggestions..? 😕 😞

Try disable your pop-up-stopper.

If that won't work download Firefox just for this download. Your security settings might be to high.

Radar

ive tried firefox, internet explorer and AOL explorer browser and none of them will work. i disabled my pop-up blocker to still nothing. 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

ive tried firefox, internet explorer and AOL explorer browser and none of them will work. i disabled my pop-up blocker to still nothing. 😞

If you have a firewall besides XP disable that but leave XP firewall on.

Radar

RadarMan wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

If you have a firewall besides XP disable that but leave XP firewall on.

Radar

I dont think i have any other firewall besides the xp one but i disabled the xp firewall and lowered my security settings to low and even put the website on the allow pop-ups list and its still giving me the same page.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The last thing I would try is to hold down the shift key when you click on the link.
If that doesn't work hole down the Ctrl key and try clicking on it again.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Holding the shift key made it open in a new window with the same page and the control key made it open in a new tab but kept it on this websites tab. The new link you gave me does the same thing. 😞 I dk whats wrong with my computer.. 😂 thanks anyways though ill just wait the 2 weeks and buy the full version when it comes out.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Holding the shift key made it open in a new window with the same page and the control key made it open in a new tab but kept it on this websites tab. The new link you gave me does the same thing. 😞 I dk whats wrong with my computer.. 😂 thanks anyways though ill just wait the 2 weeks and buy the full version when it comes out.

Click on the last link and wait a minute or two, it'll work.

Radar

RadarMan wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

Click on the last link and wait a minute or two, it'll work.

Radar

Lol nothing happened.. 😂 i dont get it i have the old demo and it downloaded just fine.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Got it-ran it-flew it-Amazing!.

Bigger better harder on the FPS-moving cars, boats-very cool.
This is a true demo.

My machine is very old, I have the demo maxed out and will have to scale back.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Plummet Trainee

The key board controls are a cute advancement. I'm happy now I placed an order for a full copy months ago. But what will my Addon Manager make of it?

[/url]

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

There's always the old fashioned, wholesome, manual way Yes

😀

Pro Member Chief Captain

I didn't notice too much difference other than when I maxed everything out, I got roughly 2 frames per hour 😂 Only to be expected with my antique of a computer Umm...

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

With most sliders on medium to midium-high, I get 14-16 FPS with land in view and 20 over water or just with sky. 20 is the target rate I set. I should mention that I had all traffic and special effects at minimum.

One thing that impressed me is that the 2-D cockpit gauges are quick and smooth.

I will tinker with settings for a bit and then uninstall it. There is no point in setting up the controls the way I want for something that will have 10 days use.

I will definitely get FSX, even before I upgrade computers. I just hope they scrap the "Flour Power" "Mission" What a waste of programming.

Pro Member Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

I just hope they scrap the "Flour Power" "Mission" What a waste of programming.

Very true. I'm all for realism Rules

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

With most sliders on medium to midium-high, I get 14-16 FPS with land in view and 20 over water or just with sky. 20 is the target rate I set. I should mention that I had all traffic and special effects at minimum.

What are your specs?

Pro Member Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

CrashGordon wrote:

What are your specs?

P4 2.8 GHz, 512 MB RAM (128 MB shared with onboard Intel GFX chip).

I will be doing a bit more experimentation with it to see how far I can push the hardware. I should point out that while I use FS Autostart with FS9, I haven't unloaded programs before using the demo.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

That's not looking too bad at all considering the absence of FS Autostart and the amount of RAM you have.
So this would indicate that FSX without additional scenery and AI traffic can be run on a mid range PC. I guess the honeymoon will end once the new generation of payware aircraft are added.

Pro Member Chief Captain

I believe you are correct. Oh well, I did need an excuse for a computer with a blazing dual core CPU, 4 gigs of RAM and a graphics card needs its own refrigeration unit. I didn't mention the wide screen flat panel display, yet. 🙄 😎 😂

Pro Member Trainee
Rex (rexgrant) Trainee

Thank you Radar man
Regards.
Rex

Pro Member First Officer
PIC1stOfficer First Officer

Going to try this new one too, downloading it now. Thank you. 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
maxboost7 Trainee

If the demo plays fine, is that meant that i can play full version??

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

maxboost7 wrote:

If the demo plays fine, is that meant that i can play full version??

The demo #2 is a little easier than the sim, so keep that in mind.
They have it set where it isn't as graphic intensive as major airports or cities.

Radar