Fsx is out now at some Best Buys

Sorry if this is already posted but Fsx is now avaible at Best Buy

http://www.flightsimworld.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=91665

Answers 61 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Believe nothing you hear, and only half of what you see.

FSX is not available anywhere as of yet.

Some butthead says he got FSX somewhere and people believe it.

yeah im not beleiving anything yet... but the flyer here in canada says its out on the 5th at best buy

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I have a BestBuy 1 mile from me.
I just called and they will have it on the shelf the 17th, 10am.
She said it's like a DVD (movie) it's available for sale on the release date.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

On a side note I started seeing commercials for it now.

Pro Member First Officer
PIC1stOfficer First Officer

False alarm? Put your $100 back in your pocket.

Pro Member Trainee
bdhill1979 Trainee

I bought mine this morning, $69.95 for deluxe edition. Took almost two hours to install the two DVDs.

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

😳 😳 😳

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

I'm not very surprised, I preordered mine,
and have been told it is now in stock, but
they are waiting for official release confirmation.
Looks like someone has jumped the gun!

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

Yes, it appears some Best Buys have definately jumped the gun.

Pro Member Chief Captain

If it were up to me, stores that sold the product before its release date, would never get another MS product to sell agin. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

If it is Best Buy, the whole chain should be denied MS products.

Last edited by CrashGordon on Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total

bdhill1979 since you already have the game can you tell us your opinion on the full version of the game?

Pro Member Trainee
bdhill1979 Trainee

Pretty smooth, the graphics are good. Not a total revolution by any means though.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Yes I envy you!

Enjoy! Have fun with it!

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
bdhill1979 Trainee

I wouldnt envy me, you will get your chance to be underwhelmed too.

im going to bestbuy rite now ! ... whats ur e-mail?

Pro Member Trainee
bdhill1979 Trainee

Anonymous wrote:

im going to bestbuy rite now ! ... whats ur e-mail?

pm me

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

He's not a member so he can't pm you. Wink

But yeah, anyone who is used to lots of payware will probably be underwhelmed by FSX especially before Vista comes out, though if you only use a basic version of FS9 I'm sure it'll be a big difference.

Hence why I'm waiting. Wink

Pro Member Trainee
claytonlocher Trainee

Heck, I saw some copies of the regular version of FSX sitting behind a shelf last weekend at Wal-Mart. There wasn't price sticker on it, so I couldn't buy it even if I wanted too. (I'd rather buy the deluxe version)

Pro Member Trainee
bdhill1979 Trainee

I dont know if the deluxe edition was all that worth it. The back of the box says I get: more detail in some cities and airports, Structured missions, multiplayer options, 1 extra airplane (maule M7-260C), and the G1000 for a few aircraft. Having used an actual G1000 in flight I was not impressed with this truncated version.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Wouldn't care to identify which store it is being sold at so that can try to get its manager fired, would you?

Well I think maybe the underwhelming will abate when you get fitted up with Windows Vista. This is why i'm entered as a Guest, I haven't my password handy, I'm normally KenTel, and I'm on Vista now(RC1) have been flying FSX on here for the last few hours, and it is running so smooth, I'm very impressed, and that's using whatever version of DX is in RC1. There is quite an improvement between XP and Vista, just with the Demo. The first Vista Beta was nowhere as good as this RC1, and they tell me there will be a RC2 before final release. I've got my name down for that also.

Incidentally Crash my preorder is not with BestBuy, I'm in UK, think BB is US of A. Could be wrong I 'spose! Don't think my seller will release early. But expect a very quick delivery as soon as they are allowed.

Can't wait.................I'm getting this Vista setup all ready, that's something else, the drivers are more freely available now, and the install is much better. If any one has a copy of RC1 and has been sitting on the fence not knowing whether to install. Well I took the plunge and am thoroughly satisfied. I've installed on both my computers, both easily and running well. This one is my top job, dual-core one, the other is my golden oldie, an AMD 754 pin XP Athlon +3200, 2 Gb of mem, and 2 250Gb HDs + DVD burner and floppy. And a standard 256Mb Mem nVidia 6800GT card. And yup the demo works fine on there also.

Pro Member Chief Captain

I'm just on a rant against those who break the rules. You ought to hear what I have to say about those who cross the street when the sign says, "Don't Walk". 😂

Best Buy is a US company. I'm going to pay my local one a visit tomorrow. If FSX is on sale, I won't buy it, but I will find the store manager and rip him a new one.

Pro Member Trainee
bdhill1979 Trainee

Anonymous wrote:

Well I think maybe the underwhelming will abate when you get fitted up with Windows Vista.

It has nothing to do with the system, I just dont see much in the way of improvements over previous releases. The graphics are a little better, the terrain is better, but thats about it, honestly I can't really see any meaningful difference from FS 2004. Except of course that I now have 15 gigabytes less free space on my hard drive.

Last edited by bdhill1979 on Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Trainee
bdhill1979 Trainee

CrashGordon wrote:

I'm just on a rant against those who break the rules. You ought to hear what I have to say about those who cross the street when the sign says, "Don't Walk". 😂

Best Buy is a US company. I'm going to pay my local one a visit tomorrow. If FSX is on sale, I won't buy it, but I will find the store manager and rip him a new one.

If microsoft really cared then they could have rejected my activation, yes you have to connect to Microsoft for the game to work. Rip him a new one for what? I have worked at places like that, they just recieved boxes and put them on the shelf, thats just how it works. I would imagine the manager knows nothing about it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

Wouldn't care to identify which store it is being sold at so that can try to get its manager fired, would you?

Bored, are we? 😂

😉

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

Good thing for Best Buy fsx wasn't the new Harry Potter book!! Then, there would really be heck to pay! 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain

The default aircraft have more detail. The gauges are smooth and quick. Fround, water and cloud textures are far better than the default FS9. That was my observation from the latest demo.

If FS9 had been as good, I could have avoided buying a bunch of addons.

Pro Member Trainee
bdhill1979 Trainee

CrashGordon wrote:

The default aircraft have more detail. The gauges are smooth and quick. Fround, water and cloud textures are far better than the default FS9. That was my observation from the latest demo.

If FS9 had been as good, I could have avoided buying a bunch of addons.

I am already looking forward to add ons. More planes to choose from (only 24 on the "deluxe" version) would be my first want. Ground, water and clouds do have more texture and such, but to me thats just fluff. It doesnt improve on making an accurate representation of real flight.

Pro Member First Officer

bdhill1979 wrote:

It doesnt improve on making an accurate representation of real flight.

The code is better for Force Feedback joysticks. Really made FF life-like in the 2nd demo.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

KenTel aka Anonymous wrote:

...the other is my golden oldie, an AMD 754 pin XP Athlon +3200, 2 Gb of mem, and 2 250Gb HDs + DVD burner and floppy. And a standard 256Mb Mem nVidia 6800GT card. And yup the demo works fine on there also.

Good to know, similar to my system. I'm just wondering what RC1's equivalent will be when the many different versions of Vista finally hit the shelves.

bdhill1979 wrote:

If microsoft really cared then they could have rejected my activation, yes you have to connect to Microsoft for the game to work.

So this means that each time I reinstall FSX I have to reactivate?

Do you have to have the DVD inside your drive in order to fire up FSX?

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

Anonymous wrote:

I'm on Vista now(RC1) have been flying FSX on here for the last few hours, and it is running so smooth, I'm very impressed, and that's using whatever version of DX is in RC1

Any idea what the DX actually is, KenTel? DX9 or 10, or somewhere in the middle?

Your early reports sound very good - much better than those who are running it on XP.

😎

Pro Member Trainee
claytonlocher Trainee

CrashGordon wrote:

It wasn't on sale anyways, it was just sitting on a shelf.

Pro Member Trainee
bdhill1979 Trainee

PIC1stOfficer wrote:

bdhill1979 wrote:

The code is better for Force Feedback joysticks. Really made FF life-like in the 2nd demo.

I have a force feedback, I still dont think it is a marked improvement over previous releases.

Pro Member Trainee
bdhill1979 Trainee

No the DVD is not required for running the sim.

Pro Member Trainee
bdhill1979 Trainee

It wasn't on sale anyways, it was just sitting on a shelf.

It was on sale, with price tag, and when I went to the checkout they scanned it and sent me on my way.

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Faucett wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

I'm on Vista now(RC1) have been flying FSX on here for the last few hours, and it is running so smooth, I'm very impressed, and that's using whatever version of DX is in RC1

Any idea what the DX actually is, KenTel? DX9 or 10, or somewhere in the middle?

Your early reports sound very good - much better than those who are running it on XP.

😎

I'm glad you asked this question, as I hadn't given it much thought. So please everybody, I don't normally post overlylarge pics, at least I try not to, but on this, which I think is a very relative pic, I hope you'll accept my apologies.

Now I know why FSX perofrms so much better on RC1, and my graphics cards were accepted when I ran the diagnostic, see below.....

Excuse the quality, had to use Paint, and afraid it's not very good in my hands.

just picked up the deluxe edition. Its sold in just about every store here where I live ( Canada)...Walmart, Zellers, Future Shop etc. I guess the 17th of Oct means nothing.

Pro Member First Officer

bdhill1979 wrote:

PIC1stOfficer wrote:

bdhill1979 wrote:

I have a force feedback, I still dont think it is a marked improvement over previous releases.

Hmmm, well it might be just my joystick started working as it was made too. I noticed it because FS9 has not worked very well with my joystick. Dont Know
Well anyway I'm happy mine works better. 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

bdhill1979 wrote:

No the DVD is not required for running the sim.

👍

Very, very interesting. I wonder what caused the gargantuan shift in Microsoft's piracy paranoia.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Apparently, it is available at Best Buy throughout the whole chain. If is on their web site at: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp;jsessionid=N50C1YWU3SZXRKC4D3DFAGA?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&id=pcat17071&type=page&st=flight+simulator&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories

So much for having a believable release date. Evil or Very Mad

EDIT: Maybe I spoke too soon. The 10/17 release date is shown on http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8054026&st=flight+simulator&type=product&id=1158316224275

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

The release date for FSX at BestBuy is 10/17/06.
FSX-BestBuy

Boeinglover Guest

I called my local Circuit City and they told me that the release date was Oct. 17,2006. So I don't know what is going on with some stores releasing it early. Umm... 😳

Hahaha, I got it October 6, at Future Shop!

Right now I'm up in Victoria, BC, and alot of people already have it! There were lineups in Future shop on October 6, and I got my Deluxe Edition for $69.99 CDN.

The only problems I have with the game is a slight bit of choppyness at times, and rendering issues (i.e, the plane is a white tube, then gets its wings, and paint job, etc.)

However, it's great, already did a flight from Seattle to Victoria, did a touch and go, hit Vancouver and went through the rockies. Amazing!\

-Ben

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

Hahaha, I got it October 6, at Future Shop!

Right now I'm up in Victoria, BC, and alot of people already have it! There were lineups in Future shop on October 6, and I got my Deluxe Edition for $69.99 CDN.

The only problems I have with the game is a slight bit of choppyness at times, and rendering issues (i.e, the plane is a white tube, then gets its wings, and paint job, etc.)

However, it's great, already did a flight from Seattle to Victoria, did a touch and go, hit Vancouver and went through the rockies. Amazing!\

-Ben

Sounds great! Lower some of the settings, shadows, clouds, AI traffic and get a better video card.

Radar

im still getting the blurries....the demo ran better than the full version..im disappointed. My advice is not to get this game until u get vista, new graphic card and a new comp.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Well whats your computers specs?

Idea

I believe Future Shop has a special time transportation utility vehicle, carefully engineered to enable a multi-dimensional shopping experience. Such advanced Canadian technology has allowed Microsoft products to be sold in advance of the advertised release date. Apparently, Zellers has a modified flux-capacitor version to dramatically reduce their pricing throughout the store. Similar technology is utilized to remove the caffeine from Tim Hortons coffee, and the holes from the donuts...

Clean up, aisle 5... Horse

Pro Member Chief Captain

The Best Buy near me, had it on sale. To get proof, I bought it and then asked for the store manager. I was told they had conflicting instructions about when to release for sale. I told him not to expect me to buy my HDTV at Best Buy.

As soon as I can find out who to bring this up with at MS, I will fax the evidence to them. If I find out that MS deliberately did this to get some pre-release "buzz" for the product going, they won't hear the end of it.

Pro Member Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

As soon as I can find out who to bring this up with at MS, I will fax the evidence to them. If I find out that MS deliberately did this to get some pre-release "buzz" for the product going, they won't hear the end of it.

Not that they'd tell you that was the case, even if it is. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I have it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There were 3 Deluxe left and a man was buying one so I got the next to last.
There were 4 regular left.
The man and I talked for a while, he's been flying since 81 on Apple, his son in LA bought it and called him to go get it while they have some left.

I'll report back tonight after I do some h/d cleaning so I have sufficient space for this bad boy!

Go to Best Buy, they are all selling them.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer

RadarMan wrote:

I have it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There were 3 Deluxe left and a man was buying one so I got the next to last.
There were 4 regular left.
The man and I talked for a while, he's been flying since 81 on Apple, his son in LA bought it and called him to go get it while they have some left.

I'll report back tonight after I do some h/d cleaning so I have sufficient space for this bad boy!

Go to Best Buy, they are all selling them.

Radar

Hope it works out for you. Be waiting for any news on it's performance. 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Thanks PIC1stOfficer

It's loaded and I flew a few (Trike and DC-3). My settings were low to nil so screens at this time are pointless.
It took about an hour to install.
Some nice features as the man said. Good log, it keeps itself.
Nice GPS and the sim registered the computer that has it so you don't have to keep the DVD in.
Load is about 14gigs.
They have dumb-ed down the entire selection process, the aircraft are all pictured with thumbnails and you pick them out to fly.
I think they are planning on "playing to the masses" while still keeping the hard core simmers.
Later tonight or tomorrow I'll start bumping up the scenery, if my old machine can take it. Come-on Vista, come out so I can have a new machine.

Check all the Best Buys and Wal-Mart's you can find, they should be selling them.
The one I bought it at told me over the phone a few days ago that they wouldn't sell it until the 17th but with all the people posting that they found it I went down and they had indeed had them out for a while.

Radar

Joey222 Guest

CrashGordon, get off your moral high horse. Who cares when the game was released? We're all having fun with the game, why can't you? If I were working at Best Buy and you came up to me with your complaint, I'd laugh you right out of the store.

On another note, the torrent for FSX is already out. It's running fine on my machine, though it was an 8gb download.

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

ummm.....good night joey, you've got to get up for preschool in the morning.
Remember 2+2=4, and you'll do just fine.

😎

Pro Member Chief Captain

Joey222 wrote:

CrashGordon, get off your moral high horse. Who cares when the game was released? We're all having fun with the game, why can't you? If I were working at Best Buy and you came up to me with your complaint, I'd laugh you right out of the store.

On another note, the torrent for FSX is already out. It's running fine on my machine, though it was an 8gb download.

So, not playing by the rules is okay with you as is stealing the intellectual property of others. You can't possibly see a "moral high horse" from the depths you are located. What other crimes do you condone?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Joey222 wrote:

Apparently you have the demo then genious.

So how long till we can remove the guest feature?

Pro Member Chief Captain

Solotwo wrote:

Joey222 wrote:

Apparently you have the demo then genious.

So how long till we can remove the guest feature?

Actually, there is a bit torrent file out there of the real product. Of course, you can't use the MS activation feature, which means it will cease working after the specified, hard-coded settings.

Pro Member Trainee
Flykid Trainee

Can anyone post some screenshots??????? it would be appriciated 😀

Pro Member Chief Captain

Flykid wrote:

Can anyone post some screenshots??????? it would be appriciated 😀

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/27/flight-simulator-x-screenshots/

😉

Pro Member Trainee
crash_deplane Trainee

Got my FSX Deluxe on pre-order already. Here's hoping Best Buy sticks to the 10/17 date 😎 .

Pro Member Trainee
Flykid Trainee

Hehe Embarassed Should of looked there.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...