Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

When are you getting flight sim X?

blue flight special Guest

hmm, should i get flight sim X now and pay for it or wait for christmas? it may be a choice many of us have to make...

also if you get it for chrstmas all the addons will be out. tricky choice.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

It isn't a tricky choice. Do what suits you best. Make your own decisions.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH its your money, do with it how you choose.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

It's simple. If you get FSX as soon as it's released, you won't have to get it later. 😁

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Better yet, buy FSX for me so I can tell you if it is any good. Then you won't waste your money if it isn't. 😂 😂 😂 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

CrashGordon wrote:

Better yet, buy FSX for me so I can tell you if it is any good. Then you won't waste your money if it isn't. 😂

Sounds like a good deal!

I plan on waiting a bit and letting others be my guinea pigs, no offense intended. Then I should have a pretty good idea of what's up when I first press eject on that dvd-rom drive.

😎

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Faucett wrote:

CrashGordon wrote:

Better yet, buy FSX for me so I can tell you if it is any good. Then you won't waste your money if it isn't. 😂

Sounds like a good deal!

I plan on waiting a bit and letting others be my guinea pigs, no offense intended. Then I should have a pretty good idea of what's up when I first press eject on that dvd-rom drive.

😎

These days, where hardware is concerned, I wait till the dust has settled and prices have come down. Not with FS though.

I'll probably be simming with fs9 for some time to come but I want to have FSX at hand as the new platform when new files become available in the libraries on a daily basis.
I need my daily fix of new files and obviously just looking at them but not being able to install them will lead to unnecessary stress and consequently sleepless nights. Besides, I'll have too much catching up to do... ...I admit I am a little bit addicted... ...just a little bit... Gotta go Hack

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

If I wanted to buy it right away I'd just buy it right away. Its not going to be worse then FS9, its only going to be an improvement.

But I've moved beyond the normal FS stuff and all I use is payware so I'm just going to wait till everything with that gets sorted out.

Pro Member First Officer
Faucett First Officer

And remember, MS-FS has always been a benchmark for current pc technology, since the start.

😎

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

Im gonna wait till they release fsx, plus a couple of patches to iron out the bugs. Then, maybe Ill think about it...

Jamie4590 Guest

I tend to wait a few months until the price drops. If the price drops a lot in various stores soon after release it shows the title isn't what buyers expected and the price drop indicates a desperate bid to drive up volume sales. That said although I read reviews I do so only as a guide and to be prepared for any issues I might encounter as its no substitute for trying it out yourself.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

I'm sure it'll be more then a year before the price drops.

Pro Member First Officer
lenin First Officer

i do not value critics opinions thereofre i wont be listening to them. I can't get fsx until say september next year cos my crappy vomputer will not cope with it and i suspect if i even put the disc in the drive it would explode. i have to wait and see what my GCSE results are 😞

Pro Member First Officer
Donald Stratton (GoneGolfing) First Officer

I have to ask my other mother, my wife before i can skip
on down to the local BB to pick up a copy. Crying or Very sad

Pro Member First Officer
PIC1stOfficer First Officer

Well I guess the price of gas is not affecting the gaming market here. 😂

Pro Member First Officer
Sico2 First Officer

You know what guys, honestly I have still so much to learn with all the FS2004 addons I have (PMDG 737,747, CLS A340, CSIM 757, Level-D 767) that they give me at least over half a year of exploring and learning. Am really not thinking about FSX now. It would be nice to play but I'll wait until it'll get cheaper.

Pro Member First Officer
PIC1stOfficer First Officer

Sico2 wrote:

You know what guys, honestly I have still so much to learn with all the FS2004 addons I have (PMDG 737,747, CLS A340, CSIM 757, Level-D 767) that they give me at least over half a year of exploring and learning. Am really not thinking about FSX now. It would be nice to play but I'll wait until it'll get cheaper.

Good thought. I kind of feel the same way. I got a lot to learn, and lots of extras I really like. 🙂