SearchSearch 

URGENT HELP PLZ!!

Pro Member Trainee
Darkmarine11 Trainee

Hey guys I'm havin some issues with getting the planes onto FS2004. I'm using a Windows XP system. The furthest part i can get is extrating the files from winzip into folders like gauges, textures and ect. I do all of that but when i go to play FS2004 the plane isn't there. I f some1 could help me that would be great. Have a good night!!

18 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Try working your way through these tutorials. I f you still need help, come back and ask 😉

https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/page/34/installing-addon-flight-simulator-downloads/

Pro Member Trainee
Darkmarine11 Trainee

im still having issues....i download everything the tutorial says to but it still doesnt work..

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Try to un-Zip your downloads to a temporary folder.Copy and paste from this folder to the Aircrafts,Gauges,Effects etc as well.
You can also check for specific instructions a read.me file which contained in your download.
If you specify us the a download maybe we can check it and help you better.

Its always difficult at first times. 😉

Pro Member Trainee
Darkmarine11 Trainee

its the f-22 raptor.... I'll give your a list of what i have :
1. In the aircraft folder of FS2004 i have a file named " F-22 Raptor"
2. In that file there are subfiles, those subfiles are gauges(which )have all of the gauges that came with the aircraft), model (has the F-22 mdl file and the model.cfg), panel ( has the main panel.bmp and the panel.cfg),sound(has one main sound.cfg file), texure(has all of the aircrafts textures) and a file named aircraft.cfg.
3. In FS2004, the main file named "gauges" with every aircrafts gauges i have the F-22's gauges in there. I followed the format as every aircraft does.

Thats what i have in the main FS2004 aircraft and gauges folders. I still do not have the the F-22 raptor in my game. Any help would be greatly aprreciated 😀

Pro Member Trainee
UG_PL Trainee

everything looks "OK" ,there is something wrong with the plane.

Pro Member Trainee
Darkmarine11 Trainee

should i try another plane?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

No.

Pro Member Trainee
Darkmarine11 Trainee

im confused....i don't know what I'm doing. Is there a tool that can add the plane for you to FS2004...Should I call microsoft for help...Message me back..Thx guys

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Google for FlightSim Manager.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Crash suggests you a very useful utility. 👍

You can find it here ➡

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=fsmanager&CatID=root

Free Registration on www.avsim.com 😉

Feel free to ask for help ❗ 😉 None of us was born having knowledges about FS. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Darkmarine11 wrote:

its the f-22 raptor.... I'll give your a list of what i have :
1. In the aircraft folder of FS2004 i have a file named " F-22 Raptor"
2. In that file there are subfiles, those subfiles are gauges(which )have all of the gauges that came with the aircraft), model (has the F-22 mdl file and the model.cfg), panel ( has the main panel.bmp and the panel.cfg),sound(has one main sound.cfg file), texure(has all of the aircrafts textures) and a file named aircraft.cfg.
3. In FS2004, the main file named "gauges" with every aircrafts gauges i have the F-22's gauges in there. I followed the format as every aircraft does.

Thats what i have in the main FS2004 aircraft and gauges folders. I still do not have the the F-22 raptor in my game. Any help would be greatly aprreciated 😀

I think the key to your problem lies in your statement that you "...still do not have the the F-22 raptor in my game."
If by this you mean that your F-22 doesn't show in the Aircraft Selection Menu, maybe you're looking at the wrong place. A quick way to determine under what name the aircraft should show up is by looking at your aircraft.cfg which is inside the aircraft's main-folder. Here's an example:

[fltsim.0]
title=A319-100 CFM Aeroflot
sim=A319_CFM_IFDG_011
model=CFM
panel=
sound=
texture=AFL
kb_checklists=
kb_reference=
atc_id=VP-BDO
atc_airline=AEROFLOT
atc_flight_number=645
atc_heavy=0
ui_manufacturer=Airbus
ui_type=A319-100 iFDG
ui_variation=Aeroflot

Look at the third line from the bottom: ui_manufacturer=Airbus

This means the aircraft can be found under Airbus.

If you still can't find the aircraft, that means the aircraft.cfg is messed up. You can post it here and we'll have a look at it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

UG_PL wrote:

everything looks "OK" ,there is something wrong with the plane.

UG_PL would you pleeease make your banner smaller.

Pro Member Trainee
Luke (sacul258) Trainee

hey i am just as bad as him.. i have not a clue in the world on what i am doing.. does that manager file make it any easier or something??

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

sacul258 wrote:

hey i am just as bad as him.. i have not a clue in the world on what i am doing.. does that manager file make it any easier or something??

It is supposed to and does so to a certain extend. Uninstalling certain aircraft is bound to cause problems later on though.

If you want to take the risk, use this link instead, this one is up-to-date, the other one is five years old:

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=ranainside&CatID=fs2004&Go=Search

...and welcome to the show 🍻

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

If you want to take the risk, use this link instead, this one is up-to-date, the other one is five years old:

http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=ranainside&CatID=fs2004&Go=Search

Indeed. ❗ My mistake.Apologize for it Embarassed

Pro Member Trainee
Darkmarine11 Trainee

Hey guys...Thanks for all the help but again it failed. The links containing the Flightsim Manager program do not exist. When i download the Flightsim manager from different websites it says that " This software is very old. You need to go to www.ranainside.com for the newer version" I'm confused because the version i downloaded is the newest and i tried three different sites. I also tried downloading different planes but again it still didn't work. i don't fellas this downloading thing i guess isn't for me. i'm thinking about giving up on it. If you still have more miracles that could possibly help me I'm here and if you want i'll give you my personal email adress...have a good night....DarkMarine 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Darkmarine11 wrote:

Hey guys...Thanks for all the help but again it failed. The links containing the Flightsim Manager program do not exist. When i download the Flightsim manager from different websites it says that " This software is very old. You need to go to www.ranainside.com for the newer version" I'm confused because the version i downloaded is the newest and i tried three different sites. I also tried downloading different planes but again it still didn't work. i don't fellas this downloading thing i guess isn't for me. i'm thinking about giving up on it. If you still have more miracles that could possibly help me I'm here and if you want i'll give you my personal email adress...have a good night....DarkMarine 😞

I'm very well aware that the ranainside site has been down for a long time, one of the reasons why I'm reluctant to refer anyone to FSManager. One of the other reasons is based on the fact that prior to the disappearance of the site the forums were full of complaints about FSManager and none of the issues were ever resolved.

You may consider buying Addit! Pro ➡ http://www.byteforge.com/ - but again, I would not endorse it.

I also tried downloading different planes but again it still didn't work.

If you are prepared to get into the habit of being more specific with your questions / requests, I can assure you that all of your problems will be solved easily.
There are NO miracles - you do have to make an effort. The two main ingredients for success are patience and to be organised and systematic. Basic math's 1+1=2.
How to get started? Heed my advice.
1) Confine yourself to the avsim library to begin with. If avsim doesn't have the file you're after, then it most likely isn't any good anyway.
2) Choose only one aircraft at the beginning and get this one up into the air so that the end product satisfies you.
3) Choose an aircraft that many other simmers are using instead of an exotic one.

Pretty simple, really. Basics FIRST!

The carrot at the end of the stick is the satisfaction that you'll be able to install any aircraft in the future the manual way. What's so good about that? You have complete control. Why is that so important? IF you have to troubleshoot for whatever reason, you'll know where you've put what.

If instead you rely on programs that do the work for you, you'll end up a slave and suffer more frustration in the long run.

Think it over and come back for help whenever you're ready. Forget the F-22 for the time being, there is no decent freeware model around ATM. Hack

😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

There needs to be a sticky of that post Tailhook, my sediments EXACTLY, thats how I learned, read the readme files CAREFULLY and do everything step by step. The best way to learn is by doing things yourself. Thats how I've gotten to the position I am in life currently. Plus there is a level of satisfaction you'll get when you are able to do things by yourself.