Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

when iam flying

dave1989 Guest

my fligth sim is all jumpy when iam flying with all aircraft. all programmes are cloes ect, just flight sim thats running any1 know y its doing this ?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Whats your system specs?

dave1989 Guest

not got a clue iv jst recently installed it

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Start -> My Computer -> View System Information (on the left hand side).

Its at the bottom of the screen that appears.

dave1989 Guest

its got CPU 1.80GHz 1.79GHz, 256 MB OF RAM
Windows xp home edition version 02 service pack 2
eMachines

Pro Member Chief Captain

Your machine is at the lower end of the spectrum so you will have a hard time running FS9. I would suggest you shut off all programs before you run FS9 and in FS9, you lower all of the display settings, especially cloud and ground detail.

Let us know how you get on 😉

dave1989 Guest

cheers for the help 😀 ❗

dave1989 Guest

thats much better ! thanks alot for the help 😀 think all be asking santa for a faster pc this year ❗

Pro Member Chief Captain

Get one for me whilst you're there 😉

Welshflyer Guest

Me too please.I'm running an AMD Sempron 2800+ processor with 1.60Ghz, 512 MB of Ram and an Nvidia GeForce 6800LE Graphics card with lots(and i mean lots) of addon, aircraft, airports and terrain mesh but it runs like a dream most of the time.I don't know a lot about computers but i know a bit about FS9 cos i'm an aviation nut (like all of us posting here).So my point is, my computer seems to have less cpu than Dave 1989 so is mine a low end computer too?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Welshflyer wrote:

Me too please.I'm running an AMD Sempron 2800+ processor with 1.60Ghz, 512 MB of Ram and an Nvidia GeForce 6800LE Graphics card with lots(and i mean lots) of addon, aircraft, airports and terrain mesh but it runs like a dream most of the time.I don't know a lot about computers but i know a bit about FS9 cos i'm an aviation nut (like all of us posting here).So my point is, my computer seems to have less cpu than Dave 1989 so is mine a low end computer too?

The AMD Sempron 2800+ processor with 1.60Ghz is a budget processor. 512MB of RAM is really pushing the cart uphill so yes, an educated guess would indicate that based on these two factors alone your computer would belong into the low end category.

More about the Sempron here.

Welshflyer Guest

Thanks Tailhook, you know how to kick a man when he's down(only joking) guess i know what to say when the wife says what do you want for christmas, and then duck.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

If your wife buys you computers for Xmas then I'd sure like to meet her sister 😀

Pro Member First Officer
to_coolguys First Officer

Tailhook wrote:

If your wife buys you computers for Xmas then I'd sure like to meet her sister 😀

😂 does she have a third??

Pro Member First Officer
PIC1stOfficer First Officer

If you're going to be a flight sim pilot you'll find you need the best PC you can afford. I've been simming for about 6 or 7 years with one program or another along with MSFS. I've learned to get a top end graphics card, lots of memory, and speed. Anyone here would tell you it's not cheap to sim, so save those pennies. 😂