SearchSearch 

ARGH!! It ***** me off how things always work out!!

Pro Member Captain
Kareem El-Sadi (crosscheck9) Captain

As some of you know, I was recently moved to play Mid-field in my local Soccer team, in prepartion for a tournament that's coming up. Well, I had spent the last few weeks practicing vigorously, in an attempt to try and increase my stamina to spend the 90mins fulfilling the requirements of my position.

Anyways, today, we had our Semi-Final match for qualifiers, and we were about 74mins into the game. Tied at 2-2, the whole team was desperate for a win, so we all gathered our efforts, and kept pushing for goal.

The opposition had a corner kick, so they took it, and it was headed out by one of our defenders. I was there to pick it up, so I started to begin the counterattack as quickly as possible. As I reached the half-way mark, I passed it to my forward-left and kept running. He took the wing, I took the center, and it looked picture-perfect. Unfortunately, the striker at Top-left was late in sending the ball towards the middle, and when he did, it was ever-so close to the keeper. I jolted with every ounce of energy in my body, and stretched my muscles to their extremities trying to reach the ball before the keeper, and as I raised my right foot to chip it over him, the keeper dove in, knocking my left foot which served as my anchor, and thus putting me off balance. If I had fallen, it would have been alright, but the keeper had hit my left foot so hard, he rearranged my ankle for me 😕

In the end, my team progressed, and we won the match, however I'm going to be out for the tournament, if we happen to progress. The recovery is scheduled to be complete in 3 months, if I cooperate with the medics. I'm utterly speachless. I can't believe this actually happened. I was so close!! I don't know what to say. Just letting out my anger. Please let this one slip 🙄

10 Responses

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

Augh annoying, But It's really good that you did what you could, and what you describe is a the fruit of a pretty amazing effort! I can picture it really well, But it's really too bad you're out now...I can't believe that it'll take 3months, but at least you aren't in alot of pain.Or are you?

Pro Member Captain

hms_endeavour wrote:

but at least you aren't in alot of pain.Or are you?

Well, thankfully, I'm not in much pain, due to certain medication that has been prescribed to me. Without the medication, I believe it would cause a nasty word or two to escape my mouth, but in my current state, I'm only disappointed, not hurt. 😉 Thanks HMS 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Sorry to hear that Crosscheck - it must be very frustrating for you. All the best for your recovery.

😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Wish you quick recovery my friend.You are the hero of the match ❗ 😉

Pro Member Captain

Thank you all very much my good friends 😉

You truly are an inspiration, and a boost of confidence 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

i'll tell you my tale as i do love it:

we were playing in a cup match in sweden 3 days before a tournament involving norweigen teams and stuff. anyway around 80mins in i turned strangely after a defensive backheel. what happened i'm unsure, but i caused a stress fracture in my foot. i still got man of the match (probably sympathy mind). they scored twice after i went off and we lost 😛

3 days later the tournament comes and i'm on the sidelines, in kit and foot strapped up. i came on a few minutes from the end of the first group hame and scored with my second touch (the first being a setup for whom he missed and i got the rebound). next match i came on a few minutes from the end for a freekick. i ran in front of the defender and headed it in. i played a whole first half later on and helped keep it 0-0 but i was forced to come off after making a tackle with said foot.

so despite a broken foot i scored twice in a foriegn tournament 😂

(we came 2nd from 12 teams, losing in the final 2-1 to IFK gothenburg's youth side)

i made my tale sound somewhat cinematic and glamourous i know...actually it sort of was, everything in sweden is so nice!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

Sorry to hear that Crosscheck. I'm glad that it wasn't more serious than it was. You did your best and these things happen. You'll recover and be better than ever. Use this down time to learn more about Soccer, mentally practice plays and help coach weaker teammates. 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
PIC1stOfficer First Officer

EEK! 😳

Injury's bad timing. But something good may come of all this down the road. Just keep the pain in check, and build yourself up. 🙂

Pro Member Captain

Thanks for your replies CRJCapt and PIC1stOfficer

After my first day of being made domestic, I'm sort of starting to come to terms with the fact that I won't be participating. Who knows, I might find something worthy at the end of this road 😉

I'll try to stay positive about it all. Moaping 'round the house ain't gonna do me no good now, is it?

😉

Pro Member First Officer
PIC1stOfficer First Officer

That kind of attitude will only bring you good things. 😉