Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Which Joystick?

Snakebite Guest

Hi fellas,

Have been a gamer for a long time and only tried flight sims for the first time! fortunately for me the first one i bought was FS2004 and I have been hooked ever since - much to the annoyance of my clan members 😀

I have been playing it with the keyboard and I am desperate to buy a good joystick to use with the game.

Someone suggested the Saitek X45 - your views as to which one I shoud buy would be greatly appreciated. I want to spend up to about 70. I have put your site in my favourites and don't doubt I will be back many times inthe future for assistance.

Thanks fellas

😀

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

See if this thread is of help and feel free to ask more questions.

https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/2124/more-on-joysticks/

Radar

Thanks RadarMan - excellent posts - well I hope I have made the right choice as I am thinking about buying the X45.

Anyone out there who has used it, your opinion would be greatly appreciated. 😀

Thanks again Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Timothy (Moab) Trainee

Myself I use the Microsoft forcefeedback2 and I have it over 3 years still workin fine cheap forceback JS i had in the past went in under a year.
heres a pic of the JS not sure if they still make it like i said i have mine 3 years or so, good luck on gettin what ya lookin for

Pro Member Trainee
Seideric Trainee

A few days ago I bought the Saitek Cyborg Rumble, and am not happy with it. It has about 1/8 inch movment to either side untentioned. So total movement side to side is about 1/4 of an inch. Same forward to aft. There is a lack of responce on the right side, you have to move the stick about a half inch to an inch past the tentioning to start a bank to the right. While a bank to the left is started just by holding the stick to the left before the tentioning starts. Maybe it is just my stick. I went to Circut City but they did not have any sticks that I wanted. Next will try the Electronics Boutique, If I find a good stick I will take back the Saitek Cyborg Rumble to the store I bought it at. It is better than no stick at all. I do like the button lay out and also the rumble is cool when the setting is turned down and when it is timed correctly.

Although Sometimes I do hit the thumb button by mistake lowering my flaps when I am trying to adjust the pitch upward but that is my bust.

I_JUST_CANT_FLY Guest

Evil or Very Mad I tell you what microsoft Force Feedback 2 is ****.VERY hard to control.IF I was you get the Logitech Freedom 2.4 Cordless Joystick www.logitech.co.uk.I found one on ebay brand new for 25.00.WHAT EVER YOU GET.YOU ATLEAST NEED A TWISTY HANDLE ONE SO YOU CAN USE RUDDER!!!! Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

Pro Member Trainee
Seideric Trainee

About the left response and lack of right bank response. I am thinking that maybe it is because I fly small planes and the pilot weighs 220 lbs. and does not have a Co-pilot to off set the weight.