Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

FSX Original Aircraft

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Yes, this is actually a Download for FSX.. ..erm.. I am in the right forum, am I?
Arrow https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2859/fs2004-twa-boeing-b377/

This is a nice aircraft. I had the versions for FS2k2 and for fs9 and I will install this version once I get my hands on fsx.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Yep,it seems to be the right forum. Wink

I am downloading it now. To quote Ambassador Kosh from the SciFi series Babylon 5, "And so it begins".

I'm not going to add a lot to this installation of FSX because I will replace this computer when Vista comes out. Still, it will be an opportunity to look at the guts of FSX. It looks like a nice a/c.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Hmmm, I looked at the installation file and it refers to FS2004 only. Confused

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Not sure what happened here. They either forgot or didn't bother to update the Readmes and Installation.txt as you know is often the case. I failed in my attempt to find some reference regarding an .air or .mdl update.
On the other hand I doubt that they did a new upload to the FSX section without a reason.

FWIW I remember that it took that team a while to update the FS2k2 model to an fs9 model, but once it was done, they uploaded it to the libraries and you could tell straightaway by the flight characteristics that it actually WAS an update.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Okay, I am going to compare wht is in the zip with what the default a/c have and try to make some sense out of it. Along with the DC-3 and Grumman Goose, this will be a nice classic to have.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I should have visited calclassic.com straight away... here's what I just saw: "...A few propliners (i.e. the CV-340) have been tested in the demo and they seem to work OK. ..."

So it appears they've tested some of their props in the Demo. Let us know how you're getting on. Think

Pro Member Chief Captain

The model works, though it takes some doing to get it airborn. The gauges, for the most part are FS98 gauges Shocked which are not supported by FSX. The sound is pretty good. Wink

Last edited by CrashGordon on Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

The model works, though it takes some doing to get it airborn. The gauges, for the most part are FS98 gauges Shocked which are not supported by FSX. The sound is pretty goo, Wink

Thanks for the update. I remember getting airborn with the fs8 version in fs9 was nearly impossible. After the update to the fs9 version this was no problem any longer. I did retrofit the aircraft with another soundset because of the crackling, static noise. So it appears that they uploaded the exact same package without updating it. Bummer.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Life is like that, sometime. Still, it gave me some reason to snoop around the "innards". Laughing