Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

which spitfire (freeware)

meylan Guest

hi all, been looking on AVSIM for a spitfire could somebody recommend the best one please. thanks

Pro Member First Officer
mossy First Officer

if you buy a flight one add on such as traffic 2005, go on extras when installing, there is a good spitfire there.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I don't know if it's the best one but it sure is nice. Complete package ➡

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=hellenic_spitfire_collection.zip&Author=&CatID=root

MEYLAN Guest

thanks Tailhook , four different models and all good quality . cheers 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

I like the heavy handling characteristics, the panel and the sounds in particular. 😀

meylan Guest

agreed although the forth model is a liittle bit more agile . there all abit tricky to land but i'm getting there . i don't suppose there's away of taking the VC out of these aircraft so i don't have to flick through them . 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

No, you can't get rid of the VC in this case because each aircraft folder contains only one model. Since you're not allowed to mess with the .mdl file, you'll just have to live with it. 😉

I don't quite understand why you would 'have to flick through them' though. Umm...

meylan Guest

I'm obviously missing somthing , when i go from panel to the outside view i have to go through the vc which takes more than a nano second to load causing a stutter . Can i some how go directly to each individual view .
Thanks for getting back to me . 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

meylan wrote:

I'm obviously missing somthing , when i go from panel to the outside view i have to go through the vc which takes more than a nano second to load causing a stutter . Can i some how go directly to each individual view .
Thanks for getting back to me . 🙂

Let's see if I understand your query correctly... Try this:

Load your flight - by default the View Mode should be Cockpit. In this View Mode you're looking at the 2D Panel.

Now hold down Ctrl and press W on the keyboard. You've just added a small window displaying your aircraft in Spot Plane View. (Try to do this without Pause, Brakes ON and NO Thrust.) If Pause is OFF when you're doing Ctrl+W, you'll be able to hear the difference in sound as soon as the additional small Window (it's actually called 'New View' in the menu) opens.
Why do I mention the difference in sound? Because it is a very clear indication of which window is active at the moment. Why this is important will become apparent later.
I assume your small window (Spot Plane View) is active at the moment. To make sure, just click inside the small window. Now with the aid of the W-key you can toggle between Cockpit View and Spot Plane View - both full screen.

In this example, when you are in Cockpit View you won't be able to pan your view, that is look left or right etc.. Instead, if you try to pan your view, your aircraft will turn to a different angle. Why? Because no matter how often you hit W - toggling between the two views, the window (View) that's active at the moment is the Spot Plane View.
To make the Cockpit View active so you are able to look around, click on a vacant space above the Panel - you can hear the difference in sound again. If you use W now to toggle, you'll have three different views available.

Note: If the additional small window (Spot Plane View) is too large for your liking, you can drag the edges to resize it and then drag it to a place where it doesn't bother you. Remember though, if you close this little window, you won't have the option of toggling between Cockpit- and Spot Plane View by using W. 😎

meylan Guest

got it , completely understand thanks alot for your help and time tailhook . 😀