Fly Away Simulation

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

My first cross-country in FSX

CrashGordon
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:19 pm 

KSMO to KPHX VFR, just following landmarks. To my surprise, Interstate 10 is visible even at low scenery settings, so It was easy to follow. Currently, I haven't completed the trip. I'm in Arizona with about 150 miles to go. Since my screenshot folder is set up as a network drive on my notebook, I was able to get some shots up to photobucket before the flight concludes.

The northern portions of Westwood and Beverly Hills

Eastern Los Angeles

Near Covina, CA

Palm Springs

Blythe, CA/Colorodo River/Arizona border
CrashGordon
CEO, Omega-Air Virtual airlines
99jolegg
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:24 pm 

Nice shots - clear and the ground scenery looks fairly detailed, especially for a lower end of the scale computer. I don't know what people are complaining about really, but nevermind. Wink
Click below to support FSF:

Last edited by 99jolegg on Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total
Karlw
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:24 pm 

A quick question do you regret getting fsx or do you reccomend getting it asap

Oh ya nice shots Very Happy
CrashGordon
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:20 am 

No, I do not regret getting it. Since I intend to get a new computer after Vista comes out, I will make good use out of FSX.

By the way, here are some more shots of the flight's completion.

Phoenix, AZ KPHX

Okay, so it isn't perfect. Laughing

Yes, there are moving vehicles.
CrashGordon

Last edited by CrashGordon on Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total
CrashGordon
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:35 am 

99jolegg wrote:
Nice shots - clear and the ground scenery looks fairly detailed, especially for a lower end of the scale computer. I don't know what people are complaining about really, but nevermind. Wink

I've got my scenery, weather and most other settings except the aircraft on low. I'm flying with clear skies. Even though it says I am only getting 12 FPS, it is as smooth as when FS9 said 20 FPS.

Everyone knew it was going to need more horsepower than FS9, so if someone says it doesn't look great on a low-end machine, I'm not surprised. But now I can't wait for Vista to be available so I can get a better computer. Laughing
CrashGordon
99jolegg
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:48 am 

CrashGordon wrote:
99jolegg wrote:

I've got my scenery, weather and most other settings except the aircraft on low. I'm flying with clear skies. Even though it says I am only getting 12 FPS, it is as smooth as when FS9 said 20 FPS.

Everyone knew it was going to need more horsepower than FS9, so if someone says it doesn't look great on a low-end machine, I'm not surprised. But now I can't wait for Vista to be available so I can get a better computer. Laughing

Its probably been explained a thousand times, so excuse the naivity but why is everybody waiting for Vista to be released first - is it because DX10 and DX10 compatible video cards come out then?
Click below to support FSF:
CrashGordon
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:56 am 

If I wait 3 or 4 months and get a machine with Vista, I don't have to pay to upgrade to Vista and pay for a new graphics card that will handle DX10.

To do otherwise would be like someone here buying a regular TV just before everything is scheduled to change to digital HDTV.
CrashGordon
KenTel
First Officer
First Officer

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:49 am 

Nice shots there Crash, but do my eyes deceive or does your pilot not wear a belt? Laughing Laughing And I've just got to wait, my retailer has it in, but refuses to release it before the official release date! And I preordered, some people never learn, do I? Laughing Laughing
TTFN - Ken.

Danger! Part time mind at work!

CrashGordon
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:25 pm 

KenTel wrote:
Nice shots there Crash, but do my eyes deceive or does your pilot not wear a belt? Laughing Laughing And I've just got to wait, my retailer has it in, but refuses to release it before the official release date! And I preordered, some people never learn, do I? Laughing Laughing

It's only 8 days away. I have a lot of addons for FS9 where there is no seat belt visible.

By the way, a couple of notes to MS. Southern California does not look like a desert. It is the most over-irrigated state in the country. Also, the Salt River in Arizona never has that much water in it. Laughing
CrashGordon
Greekman72
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:34 pm 

99jolegg wrote:

Couldn't say it better. Exclamation
NoWorries
Captain
Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:06 pm 

FSIV? Embarassed Nice angles...I think I'm done buying new FS games...