Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Slight Problem :(

Pro Member Chief Captain
pilotwannabe Chief Captain

Hey,

I have just installed the following Arrow

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004pan&DLID=83342

It was quite a complicated install procedure but the panel seems to be working fine. The problem is that now all my other aircraft are using the default Cessna panel and sounds Sad

Any idea??
Thanks Wink
PW

Pro Member Captain
lenin Captain

probably something you did in the install process.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

What plane are you using it with?

Pro Member Captain
lenin Captain

seeing as the panel is for a 757/767 i am guessing one of those
Wink Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain

Solotwo wrote:

What plane are you using it with?

Im using the POSKY 752 continental with winglets Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

It looks like a nice panel. I am downloading it now and will also install it to the POSKY 752.

Which version of FSUIPC are you using?

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

I believe that panel only works probably if you own the CS 757. I tried it using the Posky 752 and had many errors and some gauges where missing. So I gave up in the end.

I didn't notice my other planes panels defaulting back to the cessna

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Ok, finished installing the panel and testing some aspects of it.

Verdict: No Problemo. As far as I can determine at this stage, no gauges are missing. I've done two short flights and haven't noticed any malfunctions. Each time, prior to departure, I changed the aircraft several times while still on the tarmac. Even threw the C-127 into the mix just to provoke and see whether I'd get the same reaction that you seem to be getting. Nada. Flawless.

Now I'm not so sure that an outdated version of the FSUIPC could be the culprit. However there is no harm in making sure that the most recent version is inside your Modules folder.

The only thing I can suggest at the moment is to retrace your steps - that is, install the panel from scratch. If that still doesnt fix the problem, my guess is that the issue existed before you installed this panel for the first time.

Wait a minute... make sure you din't accidentally use the panel.cfg for the CS Idea

Pro Member Chief Captain

Thanks guys...Tailhook....it's funny you mention FSPUIC becasue whenever I select the an aircraft with this panel I get a message saying its not accredited to an unregistered version or something of that sort.
I have a version that was only released on July 28th though so that cant be it.

Interesting you mention the panel.cfg....thats probably where I went wrong...how do I correct it if I have done something stupid there???

Thanks!

Pro Member First Officer
PIC1stOfficer First Officer

Another satisfied customer. Laughing

Pro Member Chief Captain

PIC1stOfficer wrote:

Another satisfied customer. Laughing

Question Question

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

pilotwannabe wrote:

Thanks guys...Tailhook....it's funny you mention FSPUIC becasue whenever I select the an aircraft with this panel I get a message saying its not accredited to an unregistered version or something of that sort.
I have a version that was only released on July 28th though so that cant be it.

Interesting you mention the panel.cfg....thats probably where I went wrong...how do I correct it if I have done something stupid there???

Thanks!

About the FSUIPC, I get the same message when I load this panel. You can just ignore it. Similar messages appear sometimes when other panels which use FSUIPC are loaded. How this exactly works I don't know. My experience has been that if the author addresses the issue than it normally works.
Sometimes these messages appear because the fs9.cfg has not been edited after adding a new module. Some authors include the instructions for editing the .cfg in the Readme - but sometimes they just simply forget.

Now the panel.cfg:
Make sure you are using the panel.cfg contained in the folder named panel CGF for Generic 757. No editing is required.

I'm just thinking, maybe you forgot to put the bitmaps into the panel folder. There are many ways of making mistakes so I'll suggest again to retrace your steps and if all fails, install the panel from scratch.

Let us know how you're getting on.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Thankyou very much Tailhook....I have simply replaced the panel.cfg with the generic one and all seems to be fine now.

Thanks again!!

Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Thanks for informing us what the solution to your problem was Thumbs Up!