Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

I have the New Flight Simulator X but there is a Problem....

Pro Member Trainee
chrissie Trainee

Wal-Mart put FSX on the shelf before the actually release date and when I go to pay for it, they said that I couldn't purchase it yet. So I argued it and eventually they gave it to me for $49.99.

Beside that, When I installed it (Only 2 DVD Disk, Nice!) and go on to run it, my computer ran SLOW al hell and my computer is a new computer (just only 5 mths old). My video card is a NVIDIA GFORCE 6100. Normally I have no problem with FS9 and my graphics all the way up. ANYWAY, to make a long story short, I had to buy a NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS ($200) to put my graphics up....

So those of you who has the same or simulor graphics card, You might want to upgrade.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

chrissie wrote:

Wal-Mart put FSX on the shelf before the actually release date and when I go to pay for it, they said that I couldn't purchase it yet. So I argued it and eventually they gave it to me for $49.99.

Beside that, When I installed it (Only 2 DVD Disk, Nice!) and go on to run it, my computer ran SLOW al hell and my computer is a new computer (just only 5 mths old). My video card is a NVIDIA GFORCE 6100. Normally I have no problem with FS9 and my graphics all the way up. ANYWAY, to make a long story short, I had to buy a NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS ($200) to put my graphics up....

So those of you who has the same or simulor graphics card, You might want to upgrade.

I have it (Deluxe) also but my card isn't as good as yours.
Start out with the slides on low and slowly move some up.

It takes pure power to run this version.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

The ability to save different "sets" of settings can work in your favor. for example, if you are going to fly over the Grand Canyon, reduce the autogen and increase the mesh, since you are going to want to see the canyon contours and there isn't much vegetation. Save it under a name you'll remember that you can load when you fly in similar areas. If you want to fly in the Amazon rain forest, turn the mesh down and autogen up. If you are flying EGLL to KJFK, create one with the water settings turned up, the mesh turned down and try to get some autogen and increased scenery settings in if your computer will handle it.

In short, create settings that suit the areas you will be flying in and save them for future use.

Last edited by CrashGordon on Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Trainee
chrissie Trainee

Hey Radarmsn,

How is the Deluxe? I know the only difference from the original and the deluxe is more aircrafts and the Control Tower... How is the Control Tower? and what is the difference?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

chrissie wrote:

Hey Radarmsn,

How is the Deluxe? I know the only difference from the original and the deluxe is more aircrafts and the Control Tower... How is the Control Tower? and what is the difference?

I didn't try that yet.
Too busy with getting it to look good with an old machine that groans and moans when I run it.

Crash has a better machine than me, see if he tried it yet.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain

Haven't looked yet. Been too busy trying all the a/c. Even the Extra 300 which I didn't like in FS9. Now, what a rush!

Pro Member Trainee
chrissie Trainee

Well tomorrow I have to buy a new graphic card for my computer...... YOU HAVE TO TRY THE MULTIPLAYER...IT IS BEAUTIFUL. NO MORE VATISM AND THE LIVE ATC IS NICE.

Pro Member Trainee
Greyson Bassett (greystone) Trainee

Crash, Great advice on the scenery issue. Hadn't thought of that before, but it really makes sense to adjust for your intended flying environment. BTW, I too am waiting for Vista to get a new Alienware monster machine. I still have trouble getting CFS3 to run without stutters on my current beast.

Pro Member Captain
Sean (SeanGa) Captain

chrissie wrote:

Well tomorrow I have to buy a new graphic card for my computer...... YOU HAVE TO TRY THE MULTIPLAYER...IT IS BEAUTIFUL. NO MORE VATISM AND THE LIVE ATC IS NICE.

no more VATSIM? Why do you put it that way? VATSIM is the best ATC you'll ever get!

Pro Member First Officer
PIC1stOfficer First Officer

My Radeon X 1300 is worth the investment, it has it's own 512 chip plus the 4gig memory of my PC. Smile

Pro Member Chief Captain

SeanGa wrote:

chrissie wrote:

no more VATSIM? Why do you put it that way? VATSIM is the best ATC you'll ever get!

Except for when the controller who was on a potty break, comes back online and totally screws up your well planned approach. Laughing

BitWit Guest

What id do you use to log in to GameSpy with? I've tried both the EMail id and the game tag id with the appropriate pw but each time I get denied.

I'd love to join in but can't seem to connect... any suggestions?

Petey243 Guest

i went out an brought my self a new comp coz my old 1 was mucked up i got the

Advent T9207a
Intel pentium processer D 820 2.8 GHz
Nvidia Geforce 7300SE
250 GB Hard disk
1024 mb DDR2 memory

it eats up the graphics so much they are horrible the computer lags when on ground and my framerates are at 10 and it still look horrible.and ive put the graphics as low as they will go but any lower and i lose the buildings evn the terminals
Now i have another problem when im playing on multiplayer the microphone ive got wont let me transmit across to talk to people ive tried 5 diffrent mics and still dont work any1 now how to resolve this