Adding Additional Textures for Default 737

Pro Member Trainee
NeilA Trainee

I downloaded two seperate AI replacements for the default 737 and am trying to install them. I can install one pack fine as they just overwrite whats there. If I then try to install the second pack it will again want to overwrite but would overwrite my one I put in from the first pack.

I played around and renamed the new folders so the numbers follow on e.g. texture.5, texture.6 etc and then in the aircraft.cfg I added the new bits for the new textures with the new numbers 5, 6 etc but it does not work 😞

Anyone care to help me 😉

Neil.

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

copy the parts of the aircraft.cfg you modified here and either i or someone else will check it for you Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

NeilA wrote:

I downloaded two seperate AI replacements for the default 737 and am trying to install them. I can install one pack fine as they just overwrite whats there. If I then try to install the second pack it will again want to overwrite but would overwrite my one I put in from the first pack.

I played around and renamed the new folders so the numbers follow on e.g. texture.5, texture.6 etc and then in the aircraft.cfg I added the new bits for the new textures with the new numbers 5, 6 etc but it does not work 😞

Anyone care to help me 😉

Neil.

Remember, there are two types of default 737s in FS9. The flyable ones and the AI ones. It sounds as though you are overwriting the flyable 737 with an AI 737 - not a good idea.

To save us all a lot of to and fro you should tell us the filenames of the 'packs' you're trying to install and which library you downloaded them from. This way we can have a look at the various .cfgs straight away (as I suspect that there are more than one that have to be scrutinized).

NOTE: If you are using AI packs from different authors, you probably have different base models which means that you can not just simply add extra textures to the first model you've already installed.

But we're all guessing here... we need more info Idea

Pro Member Trainee
NeilA Trainee

Hi

I originally downloaded from this site, filename ai_b737e.zip.

The additional one I wanted to put in is from Flightsim.com called ai_b737.zip.

Thanks.

Pro Member First Officer
ARD-DC First Officer

Here's one that you can check quickly; when you copied the [Fltsim.x] segments in the aircraft.cfg, did you update the numbers for the new segments, and did you change the "Title=" line in the new segments?

If you do not correctly number the [Fltsim.x] lines, all planes from the first wrong [fltsim.x] line onwards (that are in one aircraft.cfg file) will not load.

I also think, but have never actually tested this, having duplicate "title=" lines in your FS9 installation will cause conflicts for AI traffic, as this is one of FS9's identifiers for (AI?) aircraft.

Pro Member Trainee
NeilA Trainee

Hi,

it seems I did foget the title= part and also another part where it says texture= Duh! 😂

Thanks for your help I have some new airlines now to play with 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...