Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Slightly Disappointed

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

Have MS made any improvements apart from new scenery and planes?
All the previous bugs that I experienced in FS9 are in FSX.

For example, the ILS on runway 8 at EGNS is still off 😞

ATC is still the same and a couple of others.

Is this just the same game with different scenery and A/C ❓

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

this makes me re-think if I really want to dump my FS9 that has taken me so much effort to improve and hundreds of $$ worth addons. I have been afraid that MS only spent their resources on the graphics so this product can share bigger market and push forward their OS. I think I will just wait and see feedback from others.

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

Yeah for the moment I have seen FS9 better than this with freeware addons.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

I think attitudes will change when Greekman72 gets FSX and starts posting screen shots.

Folks with underpowered computers can't do FSX justice.

I can tell you that flight characteristics in FSX appear more realistic. From the reaction of a DC-3 to mishandling, to the difficulty of kepping the Cessna 172's engine idling when you are at an airport with an elevation near 8000 feet.

I haven't tested the ATC or flight planner fully, but if I use it to fly from EGLL to KJFK and it doesn't take me west of Chicago, I'll declare victory. 😂

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

Yeah I must confess I have a crappy computer lol

It looks to me like they have spent a lot of time on the missions. Some of them are pretty good BTW, ive never really done any of the missions on FS9 though.

Have a go of the Secret Shuttle one, very interesting Wink

Edit - I should be getting my new system tomorrow so if I get chance ill post some screenshots from a decent system.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Maybe at some point, I will look at the missions. From the descriptions, some of them look like they could be legitimate flying exercizes. The problem is, they aren't ones that really interest me. 🙄 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

I think attitudes will change when Greekman72 gets FSX and starts posting screen shots.

Folks with underpowered computers can't do FSX justice.

I can tell you that flight characteristics in FSX appear more realistic. From the reaction of a DC-3 to mishandling, to the difficulty of kepping the Cessna 172's engine idling when you are at an airport with an elevation near 8000 feet.

I haven't tested the ATC or flight planner fully, but if I use it to fly from EGLL to KJFK and it doesn't take me west of Chicago, I'll declare victory. 😂

I preorder it today from here http://www.pcaviator.com/ ...I wish to GOD that it will cross the Atlantic better than me in past... 😂

As i had figure out only by using the FSX Demo(First one)I was very satisfied from what FSX offers to customers.Obviously there are a load of improvements as most of us had state in many threads here.

And,at the end,it is obvious that there must have been improvements.

Lets take as example the games...Are Medal Of Honor Series the same between them ,Are Doom Series the same between them? Definitely NOT.

How could we believe or suspect or assume that FSX will be the same With FS9?
Did FS9 was the same as FS2002?NO...So? Dont Know

FSX has been improved...The point(good or bad)is that we have to improve our systems too... ❗
And also keep on mind that MS keep some already known ''secrets'' for FS2008-FSXI-FS11 or whatever.... 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

GM!
😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 I am happy that you have ordered it and I hope it's a quick delivery!!!

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

GM!
😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 I am happy that you have ordered it and I hope it's a quick delivery!!!

Radar

Thanks for point me the direction RadarMan

I hope FSX come to me with the same(or at least a close one)speed as my money has been taken from my Credit Card. 😂 😂 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Greekman72 wrote:

RadarMan wrote:

GM!

Radar

Thanks for point me the direction RadarMan

I hope FSX come to me with the same(or at least a close one)speed as my money has been taken from my Credit Card. 😂 😂 😂

If they charged you then they shipped it, I'm counting the days.
Did they give you an idea of how long it would take.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

I pay 43.42 extra$ in order to ship it via UPS.They said 1-3 days.I count 5 working days.
I haven't receive the Tracking number of UPS yet,so i guess that I will receive FSX somewhere in the middle of next week.
We shall see... 🙄

Pro Member Chief Captain

We'll have a big celebration when you receive it. It will mean that we don't have to look at my lame screen shots, anymore. 😂

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

CrashGordon wrote:

We'll have a big celebration when you receive it. It will mean that we don't have to look at my lame screen shots, anymore. 😂

😀 😀 😀

Nooo...The celebration belongs to everyone who own's it...Besides i can point 2-3 more guys which their shots are greater than mine...And beware of RadarMan's new machine... 😳 😉
Im not commenting about yours great future machine ❗ 😉