Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Activation

BitWit Guest

Hey Tailhook... perhaps your correct in that this is not sticky material BUT it is also no scaremongering... I was only trying to inform people of a potential(ly frustrating) situation they could find themselves in. After all, people sure seem geared to get this.

With respect to the activation process, I too agree that the process in and of itself isn't overly onerous however the fact that I have to call MS when I get a new machine just doesn't sit right. I also agree that reformatting shouldn't require a call as the hardward hasn't changed...... Why don't you try it 2 or three times and let us know how it goes... 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
Rex (rexgrant) Trainee

BitWit wrote:

Hey Tailhook... perhaps your correct in that this is not sticky material BUT it is also no scaremongering... I was only trying to inform people of a potential(ly frustrating) situation they could find themselves in. After all, people sure seem geared to get this.

With respect to the activation process, I too agree that the process in and of itself isn't overly onerous however the fact that I have to call MS when I get a new machine just doesn't sit right. I also agree that reformatting shouldn't require a call as the hardward hasn't changed...... Why don't you try it 2 or three times and let us know how it goes... 🙂

Hi BitWit.
TailDragger from microsoft as said you can install FSX on two PC's before you need to ask Microsoft to re activate.
Changes such as new GPU's or ram will not affect this. and he as said he has reinstalled FSX 2 dozen times on his pc.With no problems,
Regards.
Rex