Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Display Settings

Guest Guest

There are a lot of things in the display settings that I do not really know about...I'll just tell you my system specs and can you tell me what options I can chose...

ATI X800 Pro 256mb
AMD 64 3200
1 gig Ram
400gb hard drive

(I'm not trying to show off)

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You have a super nice setup. Start at the default settings and increase one slider at a time. Take a look at each and what effect that it has on your FPS.
If you are happy then move another.
You might go easy on shadows, clouds, scenery they are the biggest drains on your system.
Cap your FPS at 27-30 and you should do well.
You can find tour fps if you hit "Shift+Z" at the same time 3 times, it will come up as 2 lines of red information at the top of your screen.
Enjoy and feel free to ask questions, our members are very knowledgeable and willing to assist.

(did you partition the h/d?)

Radar

It's actually 2 200gb hard drives with raid 0

whats the difference between bilinear and trillinear filterings?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I thought I missed an issue of that magazine somewhere, a 400 gig drive? 😳
Two 200's, nice.
Bilinear and trilinear for our purposes are very similar just leave it at the default, I believe that bilinear.
I fly at 1600x1200x32 so I can get the clearest cleanest screenshots it also uses up some resources.
My mitmap is 5 again for screen shots and don't check the AA box on that page of the settings.

Radar

Guest Guest

I'm using 1600x200 aswell, I checked all the pages as "Ultra High" and I increased the mipmap to 5 like you, it works really well...Anything else that I should increase or decrease?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If your happy with the look and the performance, you aren't getting stutters or slow rendering scenery then leave it be...your set and happy that's all that counts.

Radar