Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Some pretty random FSX Screen Shots

zerinS4 Guest

Been lurking since I got the game last week, but took a few various screen shots this morning for those of you looking for some eye candy. I don't have much recent experience with the previous iterations of the sim, and am still getting used to the way everything works, so if stuff looks out of the norm...don't flame me Smile I'm just having a good time with it.

Resolution was set to 1600x1200, pretty much everything at default Ultra High levels.

Basic System Specs:

E6600 C2D @ 2.7Ghz
2 Gig of Ram
Dual NVida 7800GTX in SLI

Enjoy... More later if anyone has any requests.

zerinA4 Guest

One more...

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The snow, the water, St. Marteen all magnificent.
Thanks fo the treat!
Thanks for showing us your specs also.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Some great shots there - thanks for sharing them with us!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Grumman Goose ones looks good, otherones could be FS9. Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

Great weather,great scenery,great angles,...Great Shots. Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Thanks for sharing Exclamation

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Man, I almost missed these good looking pics of yours. This is something different for a change. Cheers!

Too bad you'll never be welcomed here... seeing you dared to use the word GAME when referring to Flight Simulator. Shocked

Ruuuunnnnn...!!! Very Happy

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Tailhook wrote:

Too bad you'll never be welcomed here... seeing you dared to use the word GAME when referring to Flight Simulator. Shocked

Ruuuunnnnn...!!! Very Happy

Yes Laughing

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

lookin good. May I ask what your FPS are with that setup you have

Pro Member Captain
Doyley Captain

Here's my contribution..

On finals to KLAS, beautiful view of Las Vegas.

zerinA4 Guest

You know, I've been looking everywhere to see how to turn on the FPS display. If you would be so kinda as to tell me how to turn that on, i'd be happy to let you know.

And game, sim, who really freaking cares?

ranald wrote:

lookin good. May I ask what your FPS are with that setup you have

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

well I dont have FSX myself but I assume its the same as FS9 which is hit shift+Z 2 time's

norwichgooner Guest

Fantastic pics

Can i ask what spec yr PC is to be able to run FSX like that ?

cheers

zerinA4 Guest

Okay, from the cockpit view on the St. Martin Carribean Landing mission, I see 33 fps from about 10 miles out, and drops down to 12 fps about 3 miles out. Stays solid at 11fps in the last 30 seconds or so of flight till I touch down. Surprisingly, using the exterior views yielded about 2-3fps better.

Flying around Chicago, I averaged about 16fps, which dropped down to 12 when around the city. Once out to the water, I managed 22fps.

This is with pretty much everything set on ultra high, 1600x1200x32, anistropic filtering, air traffic set to 80% density.

Specs posted in the initial post.

Just for reference, my 3DMark06 scores for the machine are in the 10100 range, which is pretty high. Considering the specs, i'm surprised this game doesn't run better.

Pro Member Captain
brownbox Captain

watch out for the birds! Laughing

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jake (JarJarBinks) Chief Captain

you would think that Microsoft could improve the Beaches...... I like flying heli`s along the Coast...

lemonwonder Guest

The ones in the snow, so beautiful and magnificent. The other ones, great timing, great places and wow! Can u post some more, they are very nice!

Pro Member Trainee
HelpsJ Trainee

grrr ur making me more and more envious... my computers just not good enough for that game... yet Laughing

Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

Doyley wrote:

Here's my contribution..

On finals to KLAS, beautiful view of Las Vegas.

Very nice Thumbs Up!